Plugin Contributions

Default Item Number Doesn't Show On Order Information Screen

Our site is heirloomstocherish.com.

I'm running ZC v1.5.4 and operationally, everything is going well. We have several items with the same name as received from the vendor, or same name - different vendors. When a customer orders, the item numbers show in the active cart screen. However, when customer goes into cart history, only the name shows. We recently had a customer place an order for, among other items item 1-177-15a Vanilla and item 1-177-15b Butterscotch; we also have Vanilla and Butterscotch in 1-264-15c and 1-264-15d; items 1-264-15a and b are different colors. He liked the 177's so much he ordered again, but we believe he searched for Vanilla and Butterscotch off his previous cart info, not the invoice (which of course contained the correct item numbers). He is now angry with us because we shipped him the wrong item.

We believe this could have been avoided if the cart history included item numbers as well as descriptions. I cannot find how to make the change to add item numbers. Is there a setting somewhere or is there code I could easily add?

Please respond as soon as you can.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Item Number Doesn't Show On Order Information Screen

In your tpl_account_history_info_default.php file, you have the following. Add the code shown:

Code:
        <tr>        <td class="accountQuantityDisplay"><?php echo  $order->products[$i]['qty'] . QUANTITY_SUFFIX; ?></td>
            <td class="accountProductDisplay"><?php echo  $order->products[$i]['name'] . '  (' . $order->products[$i]['model'] . ')';

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

That is exactly what I needed! Thank you so much!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

Plugin Contributions

Hi!
    I currently receive simple description of the ordered item, how can I show product image too? So that I can know which product is ordered?

Regards,

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RiazShahid View Post
    Hi!
    I currently receive simple description of the ordered item, how can I show product image too? So that I can know which product is ordered?

Regards,
    Most storeowners who can't make the product names be descriptive enough to know what's ordered, would opt for the "model number" (in the posts above yours) to be the thing that provides the exact unique identifier so you know exactly what to ship.

If you want to also complicate the screen by showing pictures too, you can make a similar change as above, but use

Code:
    zen_get_products_image($order->products[$i]['id'])

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RiazShahid View Post
    There is a mod to do that (best check if it works on 1.5.5x) or you can google add product image to invoice Zen Cart to see several discussions.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks to both of you, I will try both options and response if required.

Regards,