Plugin Contributions

Default Color arrangements for "responsive_classic" available?

I want to try to adapt the classic theme: \includes\templates\responsive_classic\

Are there any color schemes / sets / arrangements, adaptions available / css-files which I could just copy to this folder: \includes\templates\responsive_classic\css\?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Color arrangements for "responsive_classic" available?

None pre-built. You could take a look at dbltoe's Responsive Color Changes for 1.5.5; he's got some pointers to websites that can help with color-combinations.

Plugin Contributions

Alright, thank you very much for the link.
    Zen Cart 1.5.4 German version

Plugin Contributions

Hello,

I used all instruction to install Responsive Color Changes for 1.5.5 in combination with cloned classic responsive template.

https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=2088

My amature reading suggests that all color changes in responsive template should be now in a single file: stylesheet_colors_split.css.

So I have my website image attached, where I do have color HEX #66a3c2.

My logic is that I should be able to find this color in file: stylesheet_colors_split.css.

But this color is not present in the file. And if I can not find it, I will not able to modify it.

Where is my thinking wrong? How user customize colors, size and colors of fonts and distance between lines and input fields?

Thank you for help in advance.

Plugin Contributions

You can find css related information through the use of the developers tool kit found under tools. I would suggest using the lower search option, just because it has been faithful. Enter in your color to be sought, select catalog, then select css or an option that includes css. Then every applicable file that has that entry should be shown including the original template file.

Alternatively at least from a pc (non mac) you should be able to press f12 and/or inspect an element that has the color to be modified and see the css file(s) that are used to provide the look of the applicable element.

Lastly, would suggest bringing up the question in the forum thread(s) related to the plugin that was expected to provide the result(s) sought of course after reading through at least the "end" of that thread to see if/when that topic might have been discussed. :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

For this mod, https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....hanges-for-155 would be the proper link.
    Letting us know the answers to as many posting tip questions as possible helps as well.
    As to not finding the color, I don't know if I'm looking at the "real" site (I thought FrontPage was gone), but somehow the color has been coded "in-line." Maybe by some other mod that you are using? Some of the older menu mods still use in-line styling. Generally, you'll see something like
    Code:
    <td bgcolor="#006699" style="font-family: Verdana; font-size: 9pt; font-weight: bold" height="20" bordercolor="#FFFFFF"> 
     <font size="1" color="#FFFFFF">&nbsp;&nbsp;</font><font size="1"><a style="text-decoration: none" title="Idtagsonline.com Home Page" href="http://www.idtagsonline.com/"><font color="#FFFFFF">Home</font></a><font color="#FFFFFF">&nbsp;|&nbsp;
          </font> 
          <a style="text-decoration: none" title="Click here to shop at idtagsonline.com Store!" href="http://www.idtagsonline.com/store/">
          <font color="#FFFFFF">Store</font></a><font color="#FFFFFF">&nbsp;|&nbsp;
          </font> 
                </font> 
                <a style="text-decoration: none" title="Click here to login to your account" href="http://www.idtagsonline.com/store/index.php?main_page=login">
          <font size="1" color="#FFFFFF">Log In</font></a></td>
    That's an awful LOT of styling that cannot be made different (responsive) as the customer switches devices.

Another "trick" to use when finding colors and background colors is to look for a div that ends in "Wrapper." In the cas of our mod, the navMainWrapper is where the color is called for that background. More specifically, line 204 of the includes/templates/responsive_classic/css/stylesheet_colors_split.css.

BTW, in the support thread and in the documentation, we recommend using lat9's clone a template after installing the color changes and BEFORE doing any other adjustments. Make the responsive your own and you'll have a backup if you munge things up later.

Plugin Contributions

Just another bit of helpful info for those looking for a color. What your browser "sees" might not be the color that is listed in the stylesheet. Both the responsive_classic and this addon use two css calls for each instance of a color. For the navMainWrapper, the color change mod uses
    Code:
    #navMainWrapper {
    background-color:#6699cc;
    background-color:rgba(102,153,204,0.6);
    }
    What your browser "sees" may or may not be the color #6699CC. With what I'm using here, the color picker is showing #8AB5E0. If the browser version is less thatn a year or two old, you are presented with a "modified" #6699CC. That's the rgba call in the css. this call tells a modern browser that it wants to take some rgb (red green blue) values and present them with a certain percentage of opacity. You can have a nice blue that's too harsh but, with an opacity setting of 0.6 (60% solid), it doesn't look so harsh.
    We used to have to use .png files set to a certain color and opacity as background images if we wanted to do this. Now, we can do it in a stylesheet and, if the browser is capable, it will show the softer color. Otherwise, if the browser is not capable, you'll see the straight #6699CC.

Bottom line: With today's browsers, the color your color-picker "sees" may not be in any stylesheet at all. As MC# says, use F12, a developer's extension, or other helper to find the real color.