Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: VAT wrong in admin but correct on order confirmation

I don't know enough about the "VAT mod" to understand how it interacts with the order (or shopping cart) data structure. It would be "interesting" to understand why Nochex thought it necessary to bypass the built-in Zen Cart "application_top.php" handling, though.

Plugin Contributions

I will ask them on Monday and hopefully post the answer to that back here for you. Shame they do not have weekend support. Thanks for the input

Plugin Contributions

Nochex report that it looks like their apc that needs tweaking. They are working on it

Plugin Contributions

Excellent; I'd be interested to know what changes they make as a result of this issue.

Plugin Contributions

Will post back if and when they fix it

Plugin Contributions

They sent an updated apc. That crashed the whole payment process and made direct bank and paypal dissapear from payment options in admin. Passed back to them to tweak again

Plugin Contributions

@Congerman - I was recently dealing with the Nochex mod on various sites for one of my UK clients, so have some experience with this payment module.

Their latest APC is pretty much up to scratch as compatible PHP versions are concerned. Of course you could upgrade the PHP version on your server, but that will cause problems elsewhere in your ancient and vulnerable ZC 1.5.0 code.

Although the Nochex people are very helpful, they too are faced with the predicament trying to fit new into old.

I know you set us straight about 'upgrade talk', but I have to agree with everyone else: Upgrade your cart first.

Plugin Contributions

I am comming to that conclusion.

I have a new shop that I am going to test their latest module on, Then figure out again how to stop it from showing for orders over 2,000.00 as that is my transaction limit with them.

Then have to set up new version of my main site, Style it, transfer/copy all products and images, reset language files and all other mods to make it English, Then try to figure out how to pull in all my old customers and their purchase historys and passwords etc. oh and then set 301 redirects for all the products to the new product files.

My head will explode soon, Nothing was broken until the boffins on the www said oh lets upgrade this and that and subsequently break various areas of peoples websites

P.s. ancient and vulnerable ZC 1.5.0 code? Jeez My Father is ancient and he is 91 how can you say that 1.5.0 is ancient unless it used ancient code when it was released? I still use 1.3.8a and 1.3.9h on some sites, they work fine
    Last edited by Congerman; 3 Dec 2016 at 01:22 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Congerman View Post

I have a new shop that I am going to test their latest module on, Then figure out again how to stop it from showing for orders over 2,000.00 as that is my transaction limit with them.

Then have to set up new version of my main site, Style it, transfer/copy all products and images, reset language files and all other mods to make it English, Then try to figure out how to pull in all my old customers and their purchase historys and passwords etc. oh and then set 301 redirects for all the products to the new product files.

My head will explode soon, Nothing was broken until the boffins on the www said oh lets upgrade this and that and subsequently break various areas of peoples websites

P.s. ancient and vulnerable ZC 1.5.0 code? Jeez My Father is ancient and he is 91 how can you say that 1.5.0 is ancient unless it used ancient code when it was released? I still use 1.3.8a and 1.3.9h on some sites, they work fine
    If you follow the upgrade instruction offered here: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading

You will find that the carry over of your product, customers, orders, etc. Is a non-issue along with any concept of additional 301 forwarding because it will all carry over... Now if you use a uri rewriter, that could be a different story depending, but if I may add to the discussion of ZC 1.3.8 at least. Search the Internet on that version and security. It's unfortunately known to be vulnerable to security hacks. Maybe it has been heavily modified to be more like more recent versions, and you may find that the modifications made to it are no longer necessary, but it is a security concern for your customer's data and your own server(s).
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

See this post: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....118#post843118

Code upgrades are primarily implemented to eliminate vulnerabilities... i.e to keep up and prevent the hackers from stealing sensitive customer data, keeping transactions safe and maintaining the continuity of a business.

Just my 5 cents

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast