Plugin Contributions

Default Admin page blank on zc 154

I was trying to fix an issue with imagehandler but now cannot log in to admin.

In fact I just get a blank page and no log happening. I have checked config and this is as was exactly same as the front end in terms of the server path.

If I change the server path then I get the install page come up telling me either to install or correct my config. I have just down loaded the live site which works fine to get rid of any changes to files that I made locally as they are an exact copy after every change/ update going live. So this should have got rid of any errors on any other files and therefore just the config file differs.

I do not get any error messages or logs. database user and password are correct as it works for the front end.

What can I do to help debug this? It there any other way of turning on tracking where the programme gets to before it stops and decides not to bring up admin login.?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin page black on zc 154

Three things come to mind:
    1) discussion of ensuring files from live site are present, but what about ensuring that no extra files are present?
    2) known issues with ZC 1.5.4
    3) blank or partial blank pages
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Within your Hosting Control Panel there should be a way to view Server or Apache errors. Is that telling you anything?

Plugin Contributions

Something "bad" might be happening before the logging is established by the Zen Cart base code.

You can edit /YOUR_ADMIN/includes/application_top.php, towards the top of the file, changing the line that reads
    Code:
    if (!defined('DEBUG_AUTOLOAD')) define('DEBUG_AUTOLOAD', false);
    to
    Code:
    if (!defined('DEBUG_AUTOLOAD')) define('DEBUG_AUTOLOAD', true);
    define ('STRICT_ERROR_REPORTING', true);
    and then refresh the browser. That will result in messages being displayed to the screen as your admin page loads and "should" show where the progress stops (that's where the issue is).

Just remember that you'll need to restore these changes.

Plugin Contributions

Lat9,

Thank you have tried this and it was still giving me a blank page.

So I started following the code from the very first line of the index file to try and work out what was going on. I have got to the point where the include functions are loaded and started to remove them.

That did the trick.

So the problem lies with the image handler 4 function files which once I removed them got me to a screen which told me the localhost did not respond and then I removed every other image handler related file and I get back to my admin.

What I don't understand at this point in time is why, when the files don't stop admin starting on my live site and I have copied them back from the live site. I do have an issue with my images and the imagehandler4 not working but it is not causing the site to fall over I just cannot add images using the imagehandler as it goes back to the admin screen all the time. - but that is for a different thread and I will investigate there now I know the issue.

Thank you to all who replied as actually everythread above has meant that I have looked under the bonnet a bit closer and understood how it all works a little bit more.

Thank you.