Plugin Contributions

Default After transferring to new domain and hosting, i cannot login to admin

Hi community,

I moved our site to a new domain and new hosting. It is highly customised so we cannot install a fresh install.

I changed all the lines in includes/configure and admin/includes//configure and the front end is working.

When I try to log into admin it just returns to the admin page without any error.

I have been reading the forum and this suggests a sessions error. I have checked the error logs and there is nothing. I cleared the sessions in the database (there were 6).

I really don't know how to move forward. Hoping for a solution!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: After transferring to new domain and hosting, i cannot login to admin

Check the database for lockouts from your IP from trying. Clear your cookies and browser cache, then doublecheck the admin/includes/configure.php =)

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: After transferring to new domain and hosting, i cannot login to admin

In your Hosting control panel there should be a way to see account related errors. Is it showing you anything? If it is you should be to see, based on the path shown in the error, whether or not it is you creating the errors. That will help to determine the problem.

Plugin Contributions

Are you trying to log in with a more recent version of Chrome?

If so, see here for the correction.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,

This happens in Chrome and FF and on different computers.

Plugin Contributions

PHP version and how did it relate to your previous site/location? There are known issues that may have to be addressed depending on this grouping.
    Have you gone through all of the items/actions of this FAQ?
    Or more "generically" have you tried creating a "new user" with the guidance of the FAQ referenced by step 4 of that FAQ? This will create a new user with admin credentials by which you should be able to adjust/modify the user account that you wish to use.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

old: 5.3.29

new. 5.6.28

I can still login on the old domain and old server but not the new domain and new server and the site is exactly the same.

I have edited both configure files and the htaccess.

I tried to run this:

WHERE admin_name = 'Admin';
    INSERT INTO admin (admin_name, admin_email, admin_pass, admin_profile)
    VALUES ('Admin', 'admin@localhost', '351683ea4e19efe34874b501fdbf9792:9b', 1);

but i get the error:

Error
    SQL query:

MySQL said: Documentation

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE admin_name = 'Admin'' at line 1
    Last edited by riolas; 29 Nov 2016 at 01:20 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by riolas View Post
    old: 5.3.29

new. 5.6.28

I can still login on the old domain and old server but not the new domain and new server and the site is exactly the same.

I have edited both configure files and the htaccess.

I tried to run this:

but i get the error:

Error
    SQL query:

MySQL said: Documentation

#1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'WHERE admin_name = 'Admin'' at line 1
    Missed part of the sql command:
    Code:
    DELETE FROM admin WHERE admin_name = 'Admin'; 

Plugin Contributions

Finally in! Thank you.

Does this mean the 2 admin accounts I have been using are now useless?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by riolas View Post
    Finally in! Thank you.

Does this mean the 2 admin accounts I have been using are now useless?
    Ehh. Not necessarily. You should be able to do a password reset on one or the other, but I would also suggest taking a look at their assigned permissions/group to be sure that a value of 0 didn't get transferred over in the move...

Couple of other things, if you weren't asked already, you should change the password to this temporary account, modify at least one of the other user's password, log out, try to login to that other account, if still unable, investigate further.

There are a few other things that may be suggested to test through to see if the problem is only related to the database transfer/upgrade of php or if there is another problem that will rear it's head again in a few months. Things like modifying the date on which the password was last changed to see if when forced to change it that it does allow and accepts the change. Verifying what is supposed to be unique record id's for the admin user and the admin_profiles such that none of them are zero.

Other things that may help are to identify what plugins are/were installed, what is the upgrade history of the store (understand working fine on one server, but had a problem on another), etc... all just things that could help determine why it happened so that it could be prevented again in the future.