Plugin Contributions

Default I've messed up my font size and can't fix it!

Hi there :)

In an effort to make the font bigger in the left and right columns of my website, I have somehow inadvertently increased the font of the attributes on the product pages and it looks ridiculous! LOL! I need to fix it but can't figure out where. Can someone lend me a hand with this?

www.funwrappers.com

Last edited by jcrewe; 30 Nov 2016 at 06:54 AM. Reason: include website

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I've messed up my font size and can't fix it!

/includes/templates/a_pink_boutique/css/stylesheet.css line 7
    Code:
    h4, h5, h6, LABEL, h4.optionName, LEGEND, ADDRESS, .sideBoxContent, .larger {
    	font-size: 1.4em;
    }
    Remove LABEL from that list, and if that fixes it, your done, if you need to tweak it still create a new rule for LABEL and adjust as needed.
    Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply :) That worked but now it's too small. It has also changed the font size throughout the entire page whereas I only want to decrease the font size of the attributes. Any idea on how I can accomplish that?

Plugin Contributions

Remove what it is shown in red.

<div id="homenote"><FONT SIZE=3><b><font color="red"></div>

<!--bof- site copyright display -->
    <div id="siteinfoLegal" class="legalCopyright">Copyright &copy; 2016 <a href="http://www.funwrappers.ca/index.php?main_page=index&amp;zenid=7c53373d0a9a2748c510a60cc5ddf901" target="_blank">Fun Wrappers Personalized Event Favours</a>. <a href="" target="_blank"></a>. <a href="">.</div>

The first is to help your Font problem--nobody uses the Font tag anymore BTW.

The second is cleaning up some incorrectness in the code.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks Website Rob :) What file would I find this coding??

Plugin Contributions

The first looks like it is custom coding or placed by a module.

The code should be in the file used for display these 4 links near page bottom:

Testimonials - Contact Us - Specials - Fundraisers

The second should be in this file:

/includes/templates/a_pink_boutique/common/tpl_footer.php

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    Remove what it is shown in red.

<div id="homenote"><FONT SIZE=3><b><font color="red"></div>

<!--bof- site copyright display -->
    <div id="siteinfoLegal" class="legalCopyright">Copyright &copy; 2016 <a href="http://www.funwrappers.ca/index.php?main_page=index&zenid=should_not_be_posted" target="_blank">Fun Wrappers Personalized Event Favours</a>. <a href="" target="_blank"></a>. <a href="">.</div>

The first is to help your Font problem--nobody uses the Font tag anymore BTW.

The second is cleaning up some incorrectness in the code.
    Couple of things about the issues identified in color above.

First, be cautious about removing opening html tags without removing the applicable closing html tag(s). Second, not entirely sure what is considered incorrect on part of the second red area because index.php and index.php?main_page=index point to the same page and both have the same canonical link (assuming your template supports that). If the zenid was considered part of the problem, it's not unless every visitor ends up having the same one (ie. Hard coded in the page and then that's a huge problem.) Third, as is (source code provided above that was pasted in) it looks like the template doesn't handle having blank constants properly or something because there is an opening html tag without an equivalent close and of course the fact that there is the "blank" html tag that probably shouldn't have been displayed because the contents intended between it are empty.

As to finding the specific file(s) as they are on your site, if you use the admin tool called developers tool kit, you can search for a "unique" portion of the source code like the class homenote (just search for homenote) which is likely to be in just one catalog file.

As to removal of the various "FONT" or other older tags that are basically suggested to be removed, you may have to add some css to regain the feature that the tag performed. It may also require using a different type tag like a span or div so that you can provide that css "easily".

Lastly, while doing this use some form of an html validator to look for issues like described and correct them. I suggest starting from the top of the page for the most part, but some errors in the middle can through things off in different ways.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Couple of things about the issues identified in color above.
    Let me explain what is incorrect about the code marked in red.

First, be cautious about removing opening html tags without removing the applicable closing html tag(s).
    While I agree that is good practice, it doesn't apply in this case. If you had done a validation check such as I did, you would be agreeing with me to remove the FONT tags as there are no closing FONT tags. There are other validation errors and I only mentioned two important ones to start with.

Second, not entirely sure what is considered incorrect on part of the second red area because index.php and index.php?main_page=index point to the same page and both have the same canonical link (assuming your template supports that). If the zenid was considered part of the problem, it's not unless every visitor ends up having the same one (ie. Hard coded in the page and then that's a huge problem.)
    Never include a public URL for Zen Cart that also includes "zenid" as that is a potential security problem. A link to the Home page of a website only needs the Domain name in the URL. Meaning the index.php?main_page=index is also not needed.

Third, as is (source code provided above that was pasted in) it looks like the template doesn't handle having blank constants properly or something because there is an opening html tag without an equivalent close and of course the fact that there is the "blank" html tag that probably shouldn't have been displayed because the contents intended between it are empty.
    Although an ambiguous statement, you seem to know what the problem is without stating it directly.

<a href="" target="_blank"></a>. <- although syntactically correct this is code which does nothing and therefore useless, not needed

<a href="">. <- incorrect code which should be corrected or (in this case) removed

Any luck Jennifer, with making the changes?