Plugin Contributions

red flag Call to undefined function: mysqli_connect(). Please install the MySQL Connector

I know we are a version behind in ZenCart.......but this is an emergency that I am hoping we can get resolved soon. (We are currently on hold with our hosting provider as well).

I tried to add a new plugin into the server (enabling the ZIP library). In doing so, I accidentally upgraded the PHP to 5.6 (when we previously were at 5.3).

Now our site is completely DOWN, with the error: "Call to undefined function: mysqli_connect(). Please install the MySQL Connector for PHP"

Can you give me some quick pointers (if that's even possible) on what to enable on the server to get this error to go away? I am on Apache, using WHM to access things.
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Call to undefined function: mysqli_connect(). Please install the MySQL Connector

By the way, I do see other threads on this which I am looking through. If anyone else has this same issue, see if these help:
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-Connector-for
    - Jeff

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Call to undefined function: mysqli_connect(). Please install the MySQL Connector

In typical freak out mode, I started this thread while panicking and not thinking straight.

What ended up happening is that in my accidental upgrade of PHP, it rebuilt it without the MySql Improved extension enabled. That is what caused my error.

I ended up going through WHM -> Easy Apache 3, and rebuilding PHP with that extension enabled. That fixed my issue.
    - Jeff