Plugin Contributions

Default Need help with setting up a special

Has anyone figured out how to implement a sale that's dependent on the quantity ordered? We want to do a '5 for $5 each' sale that would apply only to certain products in one category. We'd like to be able to offer any combination of those products for $5 each if the customer chooses at least 5 of them. I can't see any way to do that with the built in sales routines, and didn't find a plugin that would allow it either. Any suggestions welcome.

http://www.newnaturalsonline.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Need help with setting up a special

I thought swguy's buy one get one or similar offered such a possible setup.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

No, I've looked at all three of his discount plugins and none of them will do exactly what we want. If the Table Discounts would allow you to set a specific price rather than just applying a discount, I could use that. But all the products in this category are slightly different in price, so a simple discount won't work to get the final price down to $5 for each one.

If the Zencart quantity pricing attribute could be applied to a category rather than just to a product, that would work great.

Plugin Contributions

Just thought I'd mention that I figured out how to do this, if anyone else wants to do the same thing. I set up 5 options (Product #1, Product #2, etc), and then added the values for all the available products to each of those. Extremely tedious, but it worked. Then I created a new product with those attributes attached to it. When the customer chooses that product, he or she gets a list of dropdowns and must choose one product from each. Theoretically, that could be extended to any number of options and option values, though five fits nicely on the average screen.

Plugin Contributions

You say that each of the five "dropdowns" has five options in it, so is that to say that if a customer makes no changes to the options but then adds the product to the cart that there will be five of the same product added/selected? No requirement to modify the "default" selection before submitting to the shopping cart?

Plugin Contributions

No, the first line in each of the dropdowns is 'Please Make a Selection' marked display only. So they have to choose something from each dropdown. But they could choose the same one from each dropdown or any number of multiples.

The only thing that's a nuisance at this point is that the attribute screen will only display 30 lines. Each of my attributes has 8 lines in it. So the fourth one is only partially displayed and the fifth one isn't displayed at all (in the admin section, I mean, where you set it up). So I had to get the fifth one exactly right the first time, or delete it and enter it again, because I can't edit any of the existing entries. If you know where I can change the number of displayed lines, that would help immensely.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    You say that each of the five "dropdowns" has five options in it, so is that to say that if a customer makes no changes to the options but then adds the product to the cart that there will be five of the same product added/selected? No requirement to modify the "default" selection before submitting to the shopping cart?
    I didn't phrase that well. There are five options with eight values each. The values are the same for each option, so the customer can choose any assortment of the same items as long as they pick something from each of the five options

Plugin Contributions

Look on our test site if you want to see it working. The only thing that's going to be a problem for us is that we have to keep really good watch on the inventory. I don't have the Stock by Attributes plugin installed at this point and I'm not going to add anything else before Christmas. Look in the Stocking Stuffer Specials.

http://www.newnaturalsonline.com/test

Plugin Contributions

Weird or not I understood the "result" of what you were describing. As to the "limited attribute view" if I remember correctly just above and on the left side of the first option name a little 1 | 2 appears if you get enough for 2 pages and/or more related numbers as those pages increase. So, yeah, you may have worked yourself to death on that tasking...

Plugin Contributions

Um, yes. There is a second page. Duh. I never saw it, even though I looked. Thank you!