Plugin Contributions

Default Database Patch Level

Hi I upgraded my site from v1.4.5 to v1.5.5b but messed it up now I have a error message of "Your database appears to need patches to a higher level" My cart is 1.5.5b the database patch level is 1.5.1 below that there are two lines both lines say "v1.5.1 (2013-07-19 17:00:11) (New Installation) my php version is 5.5.32 and my site is www.g-linehobbies.com I have no clue of what to do to get my site back to what I built my site host says they cannot help and to contact zen cart please help

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Database Patch Level

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon718 View Post
    Hi I upgraded my site from v1.4.5 to v1.5.5b but messed it up now I have a error message of "Your database appears to need patches to a higher level" My cart is 1.5.5b the database patch level is 1.5.1 below that there are two lines both lines say "v1.5.1 (2013-07-19 17:00:11) (New Installation) my php version is 5.5.32 and my site is www.g-linehobbies.com I have no clue of what to do to get my site back to what I built my site host says they cannot help and to contact zen cart please help
    ZC v1.4.5 never existed, which version were you running before the attempted upgrade to 1.5.5b?

How did you perform the upgrade?

Plugin Contributions

Not sure how you "messed it up" and presuming you've uploaded all the 1.5.5b files, these situations are usually solved by re-uploading the zc_install folder and going to:

site_name/zc_install/index.php

You should be presented with the Upgrade option. Make sure all checkboxes after 1.5.1 are checked. If you run into a problem take a screenshot of the page so we can see what you see.

Beforehand you should backup your database. And get into a habit of backing it up every month, if not every week.

Plugin Contributions

My guess is that it was a typo and that possibly other action had been taken when operating under ZC 1.5.4 to prevent display of the message, though of course not sure what had been done to allow operation under that version and accommodate the necessary database changes to permit operation.

It is encouraged that you answer frank's questions even if the following assists in resolving your issue. That information would assist others that end up having the same issue and come across this thread.

If you haven't done it yet, re-upload your zc_install directory, access yourzcsite/zc_install perform a database upgrade only (do not reinstall as it will clear the database that is currently present). You should be notified of a database upgrade from 1.5.1 all the way up to 1.5.5 if you have followed the ZC recommended processes provided on this ZC forum.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Sorry it was 1.5.4 also I first upgraded to 1.5.5a using fantastico through my host doteasy I believe this was where I made my first mistake I created a new database then seeing that this was not the latest 1.5.5b I downloaded (b) and installed it now from there is where I got lost because then I could not log in to my admin area after trying everything I could find to get in I contacted my host they told me I had created a new database and to delete it and they would point me back to the first one that I can now log into but now my site is in the old format and not the new one I redesigned with a new template I do not think I have left anything out

Plugin Contributions

the software used to upgrade was softaculous not the other

Plugin Contributions

So... as far as the database, anything that was done to it between when it was upgraded to 1.5.5a and then 1.5.5b was basically lost. This includes user transactions which hopefully were minimal/none. The other database ought to still be available unless your host deleted it too. If it is, you should be/should have been able to login using the sql within the following FAQ: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44

As to upgrading the current database, sounds like should be able to do as described above, upload the zc_install directory for the ZC version the rest of the software is at, access zc_install and select to do a database upgrade only. You will be asked for credentials that have superuser access rights and then be offered to upgrade the database. The message on the store and admin side should then go away...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon718 View Post
    the software used to upgrade was softaculous not the other
    Yep, that may well have caused the failed DB upgrade. These auto installers are a no no for upgrades, something to remember for future upgrades.