Plugin Contributions

Default Shoppping cart page not showing up

I installed a plugin on the live site after testing it thoroughly on the test site, and all of a sudden the shopping cart won't display. All I get is a blank page when I click on Add to Cart. I did a back up first, but it takes two hours and if I can fix this without having to reinstall the backup, that would sure be nice. Can anyone tell me what file is being called when you click on Add to Cart so hopefully I can restore just that file?

On top of that, I tried to take the site down for maintenance, and again I just get the white page. That should certainly not have been affected by the plugin.

Editing to add--it gets even stranger. Certain category choices from the top bar also result in just a white page, but not others. Nothing that plugin does would have caused that. And it was working just fine on the test site. I don't know what is going on.

Thanks!
    Last edited by HeleneWallis; 9 Dec 2016 at 06:24 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shoppping cart page not showing up

As always, a blank page or partial blank page FAQ: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?124-blank-page
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I had already looked there. Nothing I did falls in any of those categories. I just need to know what page is loaded when you click on Add to Cart. I assumed it was shopping_cart.php but both instances of that are the original zencart files. They've never been changed. And the categories that won't load aren't related to a shopping cart problem anyway.

Plugin Contributions

Looked in the logs and this is what I'm seeing. It appears to be related to the giftwrap plugin, but that was thoroughly tested on the test site and is still running there just fine. So I don't see how it could be causing this problem. And I didn't change any of the referenced files.

[09-Dec-2016 11:04:20 America/Denver] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=page_8, IP address: 199.21.99.216
    #1 header() called at [/home/darwinhi/public_html/newnaturalsonline/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php:78]
    #2 require(/home/darwinhi/public_html/newnaturalsonline/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php) called at [/home/darwinhi/public_html/newnaturalsonline/includes/autoload_func.php:48]
    #3 require(/home/darwinhi/public_html/newnaturalsonline/includes/autoload_func.php) called at [/home/darwinhi/public_html/newnaturalsonline/includes/application_top.php:170]
    #4 require(/home/darwinhi/public_html/newnaturalsonline/includes/application_top.php) called at [/home/darwinhi/public_html/newnaturalsonline/index.php:26]

[09-Dec-2016 11:04:20 America/Denver] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/darwinhi/public_html/newnaturalsonline/includes/extra_configures/giftwrap_settings.php:31) in /home/darwinhi/public_html/newnaturalsonline/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78
    [09-Dec-2016 11:04:20 America/Denver] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=page_8, IP address: 199.21.99.216
    #1 header() called at [/home/darwinhi/public_html/newnaturalsonline/includes/templates/template_default/common/html_header.php:33]
    #2 require(/home/darwinhi/public_html/newnaturalsonline/includes/templates/template_default/common/html_header.php) called at [/home/darwinhi/public_html/newnaturalsonline/index.php:43]

[09-Dec-2016 11:04:20 America/Denver] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/darwinhi/public_html/newnaturalsonline/includes/
    extra_configures/giftwrap_settings.php:31) in /home/darwinhi/public_html/newnaturalsonline/includes/templates/template_default/common/html_header.php on line 33

Plugin Contributions

Take a look at /includes/extra_configures/giftwrap_settings.php and make sure that there's no blank line at the top of the file ... prior to the <?php tag.

Plugin Contributions

Basically take a look at newnaturalsonline/includes/extra_configures/giftwrap_settings.php:31. I think.

It's been a while since I've come across it, but there is yet another FAQ on that issue as well...https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...s-already-sent

Plugin Contributions

As to cart actions when selecting the add-to-cart button, typically a parameter is added to the uri, that parameter is interpreted by includes/init_includes/init_cart_handler.php which in default will then load includes/extra_cart_actions files before calling the includes/classes/shopping_cart.php related function(s) at least again in a default store. Throw in Ajax type add-to-cart actions if they exist and things could be different as well as other plugins that have added files to that extra_cart_actions folder or if files have been "renamed" but kept the php extension intact.

All that said, based on the error message above, it doesn't look like the shopping cart button process actually has anything to do with it other than the file that is reported as being a problem is loaded along with other files and is contributing to an issue.

Plugin Contributions

The error message wasn't making sense, because there wasn't even a line 31 in giftwrap_settings.php. But it was definitely the problem. I deleted the file altogether, and now it's all working again. Except of course the gift wrap options don't work any more. But at least it's narrowed down to one file and I can figure out what's going on with that. Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

And I probably do know what happened, come to think of it. I have a bad habit of not remembering to change the ftp options to text before uploading a text file. Most of the time you can get away with that, but every once in a while, some undisplayable character gets in there and creates havoc. I'll bet that's what happened this time.

Plugin Contributions

FWIW, I always upload files (regardless the type) in binary mode. That way, if it's working locally at least I know that the file's contents, once uploaded, are the same.