Plugin Contributions

red flag mysql support off

[Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]

hello, I've installed zen-cart in past without issues. but recently I'm getting this error, Mysql Support off.
    I searched around this forum and other places, so far I found that I need to use "Extensions = mysqli.so"
    I can connect to database in a regular php file using mysqli_connect function. but zen-cart is still showing the mysql support off.

Ubuntu 16.04
    Apache 2.4.18
    PHP 7.0.8
    Mysqld 5.7.16
    Zen-cart 1.5.1

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: mysql support off

You'll need to use a newer version of Zen Cart. The old 1.5.1 version you mentioned doesn't recognize or support "mysqli_" (it only supports the now-obsolete "mysql_" modules).

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

thanks for your reply.
    actually i have a website running zencart 1.5.0, i needed to update it to 1.5.5b
    so I was thinking if I needed to update by one step at a time or I can update to directly 1.5.5b.

as 1.5.1 not working, I tried to modify my all files as version 1.5.5b, zc_installer gave me option for upgrade but after upgrading browser showing HTTP error 500

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

For many years, while PHP has been declaring that they will remove the old mysql_xxxxx set of functions, they have been co-compiling support for both mysql_xxxxx and mysqli_xxxxxx .... and in that circumstance, Zen Cart can operate fine.

You could ask your hosting company server administrator to recompile PHP with support for --with-mysql and --with-mysqli

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your reply .
    Actually I'm testing out this installations in my own demo server.
    I was looking for a way to upgrade zencart from 1.5.0 to 1.5.5, I'm confused about the upgrade procedure.
    Can i do direct upgrade to 1.5.5, is it possible or do i need to upgrade each version one by one?

Please help. Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mohsenalam View Post
    Can i do direct upgrade to 1.5.5, is it possible or do i need to upgrade each version one by one?
    99% of the time it's best to go directly to the latest version.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for your nice help. I tried to go through the procedures. I could upgrade the database. and installer said that it upgraded successfully. But when I tried to visit store or admin area, its just giving me error 500. any known problem or bugs?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mohsenalam View Post
    Thanks for your nice help. I tried to go through the procedures. I could upgrade the database. and installer said that it upgraded successfully. But when I tried to visit store or admin area, its just giving me error 500. any known problem or bugs?
    Check your logs folder to see what if any recent errors were generated. The errors get logged in myDebugxxxx files. If not then perhaps there is an error log associated with the server that could provide more information about the area of code causing a problem.

Beyond that, need more explanation of how to recreate the problem. Much of that is through answering the posting tip's questions.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...