Plugin Contributions

Default Attribute for Quantity Price Discount not working as described

I've set up price discounts for several items and thought I understood how to do it. And it seems to work fine when the multiple is only 2. But I need to set up a quantity price for 5 of the same item, and the syntax described in the Wiki insists on applying it to quantities of 2, even though I specify that the next step is 5.

Here's what I'm using, following the example in the Wiki: '1:10,5:9' If I understand this correctly, the quantity discount popup box should show the price for 1-4 items as 10.00 and the price for 5+ items as 9.00. But it insists on showing 1 item for 10.00 and 2+ for 9.00. The only way I can get it to work correctly is to enter '1:10,2:10,3:10,4:10,5:9.' Which works, but looks really clunky.

Is the example in the Wiki simply wrong? Or is something else going on?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute for Quantity Price Discount not working as described

As a followup to the above, I decided to try adding just one extra price step. If I enter 1:6.00,4:6.00,5:5.00, the result is 1 for 6.00, 2-4 for 6.00 and 5+ for 5.00. So it appears that you are required to have at least one intermediate price step (or at least one intermediate price statement) between the price for one and the final discounted price. If you have only two steps--the price for one and the price for your discounted quantity, then the final price is applied to quantities of two. I believe that's a bug.

Plugin Contributions

Default Attribute Quantity Price Discount not working as described

If I enter just two price steps for the Attribute Quantity Price Discount, the discounted price defaults to quantities of two, no matter what quantity I stipulate for the second price.

For example, if I want to offer a particular product at $5.00 for any quantity of five or more, and $6.00 for any quantity less than five, the syntax set out in the Wiki for that would be 1:6.00,5:5.00. But if I use that syntax, the $5.00 price is applied to any quantity greater than one. I must have at least two price steps for it to work correctly. If I enter 1:6.00, 4:5.00, 5:6.00, I get the correct price display. But then, of course, the higher price is displayed twice: once for a quantity of one, and a second time for a quantity of two to four. That works but is hardly an elegant solution.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute Quantity Price Discount not working as described

What happens if you change your attribute's pricing to
    Code:
    4:10,5:9
    That is, 1-4 items, $10.00 each; 5 or more items, $9.00 each.