Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrading the database from 1.3.8 to 1.5.5

Hi all,

I sat down to compare the table structure between the versions and quickly realized, that it did change.

Is there a set of scripts in order to migrate version to version?

Right now I have a DB with the <store_name> prefix for all tables and the new version installed its own set of tables w/o prefix, so I thought it would be quite convenient to just pump data from the old tables to the new ones with INSERT INTO ... SELECT.
    My install: was Vanilla 1.3.9h, now 1.5.5b, Apache 2.4, PHP 7.0.6, MySQL 5.5.8 64b, Windows 7 64b, 8GB RAM, i3 3.3gHz
    Modules: [Payment=Paypal] [Shipping=Canada Post 1.5.3 merged] [nonCAPTCHA]

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrading the database from 1.3.8 to 1.5.5

Yes. Running zc_install to upgrade the database is standard upgrade procedure.

Probably smart to read thru: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3

And zc_install can also be used to rename all the tables.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Yes. Running zc_install to upgrade the database is standard upgrade procedure.

Probably smart to read thru: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3
    I get this warning and no option to upgrade:

An existing configure.php file was found. However your database seems to be current. This suggests you are on a live site. Proceeding with Install will wipe out the current database contents! Are you sure you want to install?
    Should I blow away the new tables and try again?
    My install: was Vanilla 1.3.9h, now 1.5.5b, Apache 2.4, PHP 7.0.6, MySQL 5.5.8 64b, Windows 7 64b, 8GB RAM, i3 3.3gHz

Plugin Contributions

Seems like the part about the DB_PREFIX got missed.

Because the new fileset is already setup to use the new set of database tables (see OP), when running zc_install the code has identified that the current set of tables referenced by the includes/configure.php file is up-to-date. In order for zc_install to recognize that the 1.3.8 database needs to be updated, the existing includes/configure.php (and admin/includes/configure.php) need to point to the 1.3.8 database (or for temporary testing a copy of that database until ready to truly upgrade the system.)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

So what action should I take to get an upgrade option?

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I added the prefix to the config.php and now I get the upgrade option.
    But when I enter the admin login and password, which I always used for the store and which is stored in my browser security, I get this message:

There are some problems

Could not verify the Admin Credentials you provided.

To authorize the database upgrade, you must enter an admin username and password with SuperUser (ie: unrestricted) permissions in your store.
    This will be the username and password you use to log in to the Admin area of your store.
    (It is NOT your FTP password, and is not your hosting control panel password. Nobody knows this password except you or your storeowner. You can not get it from your hosting company.)
    If you are locked out of your store and do not know any valid admin passwords and cannot log in to your store Admin page, then you can do an aggressive reset of the password by following the instructions in this article: http://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?...admin-password.
    I restored this DB from the backup of the store and I can still get into the store with this password.
    When I use the "hard reset" method I still get the same message.
    Last edited by one tall man; 12 Dec 2016 at 01:19 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by one tall man View Post
    Ok, I added the prefix to the config.php and now I get the upgrade option.
    But when I enter the admin login and password, which I always used for the store and which is stored in my browser security, I get this message:

I restored this DB from the backup of the store and I can still get into the store with this password.
    When I use the "hard reset" method I still get the same message.
    Verify that the admin user(s) and admin_profiles have an admin_id and profile_id that is non-zero.

This is by review of the two tables (YOUR_PREFIX)admin and (YOUR_PREFIX)admin_profiles.

This was a "typical" problem with databases that are from such older versions as unfortunately it seem that one or more plugins at some point modified the value(s) and by either of them being 0 causes this or a similar issue in the update. Now if you try to "hard reset" via the SQL of the following FAQ, be sure to use the SQL for pre-v1.5.0 as technically the database is still "old" and it is to be updated to new. https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Verify that the admin user(s) and admin_profiles have an admin_id and profile_id that is non-zero.

This is by review of the two tables (YOUR_PREFIX)admin and (YOUR_PREFIX)admin_profiles.

This was a "typical" problem with databases that are from such older versions as unfortunately it seem that one or more plugins at some point modified the value(s) and by either of them being 0 causes this or a similar issue in the update. Now if you try to "hard reset" via the SQL of the following FAQ, be sure to use the SQL for pre-v1.5.0 as technically the database is still "old" and it is to be updated to new. https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php?44
    There is no admin_profiles table under the store prefix. There is only the new table admin_profiles w/o prefix.
    I created the same table under the store prefix and inserted the records so now I have these records in there":

Code:
    profile_id	profile_name
    1	Superuser
    2	Order Processing
    Still getting the same error.
    This verification sounds like a totally unnecessary step to me. I have the superuser DB account and in total control of the server, but I cannot upgrade because the software does not allow me to. How does that make sense? If you can tell me where in the PHP code the check is made, I'll just comment it out.
    Last edited by one tall man; 13 Dec 2016 at 01:35 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, after figuring out that upgrade page would simply call the upgrade SQL scripts, I applied them manually one by one, taking care of the prefix. That fixed it.

Plugin Contributions

Just one question:

How can I get rid of this header on the home page of the store?

Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart® E-Commerce Solution.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast