Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default internal error 500 regarding php.ini

[Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]
    zc version = 1.5
    plugins = none
    site url = w w w.l j s e w i n g.c o m/z e n s t o r e
    php version = 5.6.27
    mysql version = 5.6.32-78.1
    Hosting OS = linux

Hello guys i've been surfing the forums trying to find the solution to my problem. I've gone through the FAQs as well and i dont know where to start as far as my problem goes.

I just exported my site from my old hosting and installed it on my new hosting. After finishing the installation and uploading my existing files via ftp (minus the configuration files for both includes and admin/includes) i get the internal server 500 error. After speaking with my webhosting in regards to finding some sort of log files to help pinpoint the problem they said it has something to do with the php.ini file. So for the time being i have the php.ini file renamed to stop the error 500 page from loading. Instead i have a site that's not properly structured or loading properly.
    w w w.l j s e w i n g.c o m/z e n s t o r e

I've already asked my webhosting if their servers are configured to use php_suexec and they dont so i dont have to worry about chmod settings. I've looked over my .htaccess files and haven't come across anything incorrect. I've gone through both the configure and admin configure php files to make sure all the settings are as they should be. Am i missing something?
    please advise - any help is greatly appreciated
    Last edited by ejeffay; 12 Dec 2016 at 04:02 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: internal error 500 regarding php.ini

Quote Originally Posted by ejeffay View Post
    they said it has something to do with the php.ini file.
    <snip>
    I've looked over my .htaccess files and haven't come across anything incorrect. I've gone through both the configure and admin configure php files to make sure all the settings are as they should be. Am i missing something?
    please advise - any help is greatly appreciated
    Hmm perhaps, but I think I might be.

How/why are you looking into problems with the .htaccess and configure file(s) when the host, and yourself (by renaming it), have determined that the cause of the problem is related to the php.ini file?

What you need to be looking at is the contents of the php.ini file.

One common cause of the symptoms you describe is if the php.ini contains a "register_globals" directive. This directive was deprecated in PHP 5.3 and removed in PHP 5.4, so if it even exists in the file with your PHP 5.6 then that is what is causing the server 500 error.

Zencart doesn't use register_globals, so you can just delete that line.

There are of course *other* directives that have been removed over time that will cause the same result, so if you don't find anything 'obvious' then perhaps posting a copy of your php.ini for us to see will be your quickest/easiest option.

Having said that, if your site is functioning correctly with the renamed php.ini then you probably don't even need it anyway.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

And in addition to RodG's post, log into your admin and go to Version. Check which PHP version is displayed. If it is PHP 5.6.27 then you are actually running the desired version of PHP and you can safely delete the php.ini file.

Plugin Contributions

I'm surprized your Hoster hasn't been able to help you with this. Although you uploaded using FTP which will use correct server settings for permissions, many of your files (css, js and images) show a 404 response (not allowed). This is indicative of incorrect permissions and/or incorrect path(s) being used. Talk your Hoster, then can best help you with this.

Plugin Contributions

Wow it looks as though I do have php version 5.6.27 - so i can leave the php.ini file renamed so it's out of the way.
    Then I'm wondering what's causing my website to look all wonky - I appreciate the help/input by everyone. I'm looking into the image permissions

Plugin Contributions

I've looked into file permissions and proper address for each image and still no reason why some of my images dont show. I'm going to be speaking with my hosting once more to see if they can look into it. I'll keep you guys posted.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Maybe your host has implemented some Apache rules which prohibit some of the things done in the .htaccess files provided with Zen Cart for security purposes?
    In the case of /images/ files, maybe look at the /images/.htaccess file ... or even try (only temporarily) renaming it to .htaccess_OFF as a test?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Not wishing to contradict anyone here, but the images in the images folder are being displayed ok.

The common factor (as far as I can see) with the permissions errors are that they all reside in the folder /includes/templates/template/template27503/ folder.

My suggestion is for you to check the permissions of these *folders*. They should all be '755'.

Cheers
    RodG

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Apologies. I'd misread the previous images details.

That said, in addition to checking permissions on the /includes/templates/template/template27503/ folder and subfolders, also check whether anything untoward has been put into the /includes/.htaccess file.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Not wishing to contradict anyone here, but the images in the images folder are being displayed ok.
    I guess it's all in the Browser, and I'm using the wrong one.

Try this link: ljsewing . com/zenstore/includes/templates/template27053/images/logo.gif

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast