Plugin Contributions

Default Unable to Install USPS within Shipping Modules

I have not begun installing on an actual server ... still trying to configure everything on localhost before uploading to actual site and turning things on.
    This is a new install of the latest 1.5.5b zen cart.
    I am trying to install the USPS add-on/plugin and it does not show up under the Modules > Shipping.
    When extracting the files, the first folder I see is catalog, which I assumed correlates to my root store folder called store155b.
    The folders directly under that are ajax and includes.
    The install directions mention changing YOUR_TEMPLATE folders to the template name you are using, which for me is brainstorm_rc.
    I did that.
    Then I copied ajax and includes folders/contents directly under store155b.
    The only thing that seemed to change was a new sidebox appeared within the Tools > Layout Boxes Controller.
    But nothing within Modules > Shipping.

I went ahead and performed an install for UPS and everything worked fine ... Modules > Shipping showed UPS and the install button was available.

I've read a number of support threads, but nothing seems to address the issue.
    https://www.zen-cart.com/content.php...hipping-module seems to be the main install thread.
    Step 6 does not appear to be working.

There is a step in the directions that I am not sure what it means around jQuery.
    Other than that, I am stumped.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to Install USPS within Shipping Modules

What is the download location from which you obtained the USPS module? What are the results of the actions recommended at the end of the referenced link?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I don't recall there being any reference to YOUR_TEMPLATE in the USPS install instructions contained in the Readme included with the download zip. Nor reference to a catalog folder being in the zip.

Are you sure you have the correct plug in version. I think K8 is the latest.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by base6inc View Post
    I am trying to install the USPS add-on/plugin and it does not show up under the Modules > Shipping.
    Only two files are needed for a shipping module to show up here.

/includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/modulename.php
    /includes/modules/shipping/modulename.php

Other files may be needed for functionality, but only these two are needed for it to appear in the modules->shipping menu

Cheers
    RodG

ps. If the modules->shipping page doesn't fully load (giving the *appearance* of the module not showing up) then that is another matter.

Plugin Contributions

Too many things going on over here.
    I downloaded the "tracking" aspect of USPS instead of the plugin component that I intended.
    Backstory > I started all of this a year ago and was sidetracked with family matters so I am trying to move to 1.5.5 and re-downloading everything.
    The correct download (https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1292) installs pretty simply as one would expect.
    I do appreciate everyone's responses and I will definitely have to be better about managing everything I am doing.

Plugin Contributions

Whew. Yeah, sometimes all the little things can get tied up/confusing. Even when you just *KNOW* it's being done right, then take a quick look and realize that something isn't right. Other day I was tracking some code I was writing, was sure the output should be x but it was blank... Then I realized in trying to make/keep things compatible I was assigning a value incorrectly to obtain my desired result. Fixed/removed the problem line and voila, it worked like I expected.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...