Plugin Contributions

Default Should I delete old Debug error Log files?

I search this forum but I cannot seem to find the answer to the Log file.
    I opened mine for the first time in a year or so and found a lot of old debug files.
    Should I simply delete them?
    The site seems to work fine with no complainants.
    maynardstackle.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Log file

Ideally no logs should be generated by your site because a log generated means/indicates that there is a problem or something that will become a problem.

Should try to address the issues identified by the most recent log file and work your way to not having any new logs generated. At least if the logs seem relatively recent. If the logs present were generated 5 years ago and none have been since, well then they're just old logs. But if they were recent?

If you like you can post the contents here of the myDebug*.log files and someone will likely try to help diagnose what the issue is. If though the file is from the admin side, be sure to obscure your admin directory name before posting the content.

Also, before pasting the content here could you press the # button on the messagebox toolbar? This will generate [code][/code] tags between which to paste the content.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Ideally no logs should be generated by your site because a log generated means/indicates that there is a problem or something that will become a problem.

Should try to address the issues identified by the most recent log file and work your way to not having any new logs generated. At least if the logs seem relatively recent. If the logs present were generated 5 years ago and none have been since, well then they're just old logs. But if they were recent?

If you like you can post the contents here of the myDebug*.log files and someone will likely try to help diagnose what the issue is. If though the file is from the admin side, be sure to obscure your admin directory name before posting the content.

Also, before pasting the content here could you press the # button on the messagebox toolbar? This will generate [code][/code] tags between which to paste the content.
    [24-Dec-2016 21:43:24 EST5EDT] ERROR: Failed sending email to: "" <> with subject: "[NEW ORDER] Order Confirmation No: 1520" (failed validation)

[25-Dec-2016 15:17:43 EST5EDT] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /######/########/#####/########/includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php on line 203

Can someone tell me what this means. And how do I decipher hundreds other mydebug files.
    Last edited by Maynards; 25 Dec 2016 at 09:36 PM.

Plugin Contributions

well the first error looks like you may have no address in the following key:

SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO

you can look that up in admin -> configuration -> email options

barring that, i would refer to this thread for other ideas:

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....ng-validation/

the 2nd error looks to be a problem with shipping modules, and whether you have any of them enabled.

good luck!
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

You said you're using Zen Cart v1.5.4.
    What version of PHP ?
    And, as carlwhat asked, which payment and shipping modules are enabled?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    You said you're using Zen Cart v1.5.4.
    What version of PHP ?
    And, as carlwhat asked, which payment and shipping modules are enabled?
    This I think is the PHP version. phpMyAdmin - 2.8.0.1

The payment modules are:Ceon Manual Card Module 4.0.1 (default)
    PayPal Express Checkout (rev1.5.4) this module say's (pending)

The shipping modules are: Flat Rate
    Free shipping
    United States Postal Service

Plugin Contributions

Unfortunately the phpmyadmin version is not the actual php version, though it may narrow the band a little of what version(s) could actually be enabled. In your Store Admin, click Admin->Tools->Server Info for version details.

I'm curious about what changes have been made to the includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php file to move line 203 to be one of those applicable to a foreach loop. In the default version of that file for ZC 1.5.4, that line is in the 190s if I recall correctly from when I was looking at this a few days ago.

Also, regardless of the changes made, what is the content of line 203 in your version of the file?

Could post a few lines before and a few lines after to provide context. Please press the # button in the messagebox toolbar before pasting code to wrap it in [CODE][/CODE] tags.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Unfortunately the phpmyadmin version is not the actual php version, though it may narrow the band a little of what version(s) could actually be enabled. In your Store Admin, click Admin->Tools->Server Info for version details.

I'm curious about what changes have been made to the includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php file to move line 203 to be one of those applicable to a foreach loop. In the default version of that file for ZC 1.5.4, that line is in the 190s if I recall correctly from when I was looking at this a few days ago.

Also, regardless of the changes made, what is the content of line 203 in your version of the file?

Could post a few lines before and a few lines after to provide context. Please press the # button in the messagebox toolbar before pasting code to wrap it in [CODE][/CODE] tags.
    PHP Version: 5.3.29 (Zend: 2.3.0) PHP Memory Limit: 128M

Here are some lines before and after line 203

Code:
    // get all available shipping quotes
      $quotes = $shipping_modules->quote();

// check that the currently selected shipping method is still valid (in case a zone restriction has disabled it, etc)
      if (isset($_SESSION['shipping']) && $_SESSION['shipping'] != FALSE && $_SESSION['shipping'] != '') {
        $checklist = array();
        foreach ($quotes as $key=>$val) {
          foreach($val['methods'] as $key2=>$method) {
            $checklist[] = $val['id'] . '_' . $method['id'];
          }
        }
        $checkval = (is_array($_SESSION['shipping']) ? $_SESSION['shipping']['id'] : $_SESSION['shipping']);
        if (!in_array($checkval, $checklist)) {
          $messageStack->add('checkout_shipping', ERROR_PLEASE_RESELECT_SHIPPING_METHOD, 'error');
        }
      }

// if no shipping method has been selected, automatically select the cheapest method.
    // if the modules status was changed when none were available, to save on implementing
    // a javascript force-selection method, also automatically select the cheapest shipping
    // method if more than one module is now enabled
    I do have a plugin called TwitchRestrict that has some lines added before this that makes the line in question move down to 203. This plugin does not work for me so when I upgrade this coming year to the latest version of zen cart I will be deleting this plugin.

Hope this helps.