Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

help question Recalculate free-shipping threshold after coupon discounts applied?

I have my site set up to offer free first class shipping and reduced priority mail shipping for all orders over a certain amount. But I need to be able to calculate that amount based on (SubTotaled GROSS Price of Product) - (amounts of any discounts).

For instance if they buy 75.00 worth of product but they have a coupon code and are maybe in a VIP discount group or some such (I allow lots of discount scenarios and even for military) and their discounts equal 10 bucks. Their NET total is 65.00. If my free shipping is set to 67 then they don't qualify. As it is now all it does is calculate the subtotal it seems.

Of course you never want to allow tax or shipping cost in the equation.

Quickie example:

https://gyazo.com/44acf40875f686742542d7c496278c25

In that Gyazo screen capture. The NET amount should be the SUBTOTAL minus the three diff discounts that person received.

I want the free shipping to be calculated on this NET amount.

Daniel

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Recalculate free-shipping threshold after coupon discounts applied?

Good point!
    Due to an unfortunate architectural limitation, doing this requires adding another module, as discussed in this thread:
    Recalculate shipping after discount coupon applied

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

"... If my free shipping is set to 67 then they don't qualify. ..."
    Should read that they SHOUDLN"T qualify but that's where the problem is in Zen - they DO QUALIFY. Their order amount only comes to 65 bucks before any taxes are added because, in my scenario above, they bought 75 bucks worth of product that was subtotaled but received 10 bucks in discounterific generosity on my part. So Zen , being heavily biased towards the consumer's welfare, goes ahead and says "Hey! Yes! We can still give them free shipping! Yay!" - "Someone go tell Obama! Fast!"

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Your point was already understood.

Solution provided in the link given.

Sarcasm unnecessary.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Your point was already understood.

Solution provided in the link given.

Sarcasm unnecessary.
    I appreciated the link but part of that solution or the solution was basically hiring someone out to code.

Scott told him to change sort order, that was what most of the link talked about, that didn't work so Scott said to email him or email was sent. I know Scott hires himself out so i can only assume Scott did that but the solution was definitely not open source.
    Last edited by gotlogos; 25 Dec 2016 at 03:43 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Here is a prime example of the problem, I really wish such a glaring problem can be addressed:

https://gyazo.com/0a011afbc20ab22e7d58ed8d28f9dc5b

Sub-Total: $69.75
    Discount Coupon: merryxmas2016 : -$17.44
    Newsletter Discount: -$3.49
    FREE First Class Shipping For All Orders Over $67.00! USA Only
    (Your order qualifies for FREE USPS First Class shipping!): $0.00
    Total: $48.82

Plugin Contributions

MORE:

Sub-Total: $76.80
    FREE GotVapes™ First Class Shipping For All Orders Over $67.00! USA Only (Your order qualifies for FREE USPS First Class shipping!): $0.00
    Discount Coupon: merryxmas2016 : -$19.20
    Newsletter Discount: -$3.84
    Super VIP Discount!: -$2.30
    Total: $51.46

Last edited by gotlogos; 27 Dec 2016 at 03:19 AM.

Plugin Contributions

AN EXAMPLE OF LEGITIMATE FREE SHIPPING BONUS, EARNED:

Sub-Total:$102.85
    FREE GotVapes™ First Class Shipping For All Orders Over $67.00! USA Only (Your order qualifies for FREE USPS First Class shipping!): $0.00
    Discount Coupon: merryxmas2016 : -$25.71
    Newsletter Discount: -$5.14
    Super VIP Discount!: -$1.03
    Total: $70.97

Plugin Contributions

WHOOPSY DAISY:

Sub-Total: $83.50
    Discount Coupon: merryxmas2016 : -$20.88
    Newsletter Discount: -$4.18
    Super VIP Discount!: -$4.18
    Total: $54.26

But...Merry Christmas to ALL and to all a good night!

Plugin Contributions

Honestly, the point has been made more than clear. The need of your store to have this feature is obvious. Repeatedly posting to the forum about this is unnecessary. The code that swguy generated to address the issue for the one store was/is open source, but hasn't been openly provided. There appears to be at least one other zenner looking into resolving the issue (possibly and by assumption only) based on another recent post and it's relationship of shipping modules with tax calculations though the two may be completely different animals.

The fact that ZC is open source doesn't mean that it's development or a store's specific need is entirely free to obtain. A solution has been suggested/provided, there has been no new information suggesting anything different than what has already been made clear about the situation. The information provided in these last several posts hardly supports the condition described in the posting tips:
    Posting Tips

Have you already posted about this issue? If so, DO NOT POST a duplicate. Instead, reply to your existing post, with MORE information.
    It would be unfortunate for someone to take some sort of action based on the repeated posting. One of the ZC developers has already responded to this thread. Please seek an alternate action than what has been repeatedly performed above.

Happy holidays and best of wishes into the new year.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast