Plugin Contributions

Default How do I move layout of attributes to be near the Add To Cart button?

On ZC 1.5.5

My attributes currently display under the description of the product. What page do I edit to move them under the Add to Cart button?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How edit product page layout

includes/templates/TEMPLATE_NAME/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php

Move this code block:

<!--bof Attributes Module -->
    <!--eof Attributes Module -->

underneath this code block:

<!--bof Add to Cart Box -->
    <!--eof Add to Cart Box -->

Might look a bit "off" though as attributes are normally selected before adding to cart.

Plugin Contributions

Exactly what I was looking for, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    includes/templates/TEMPLATE_NAME/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php

Move this code block:

<!--bof Attributes Module -->
    <!--eof Attributes Module -->

underneath this code block:

<!--bof Add to Cart Box -->
    <!--eof Add to Cart Box -->

Might look a bit "off" though as attributes are normally selected before adding to cart.

Plugin Contributions

IMHO, you are making a bad move. IF any of those attributes fall below the fold, you are effectively hiding the options from the customer. IF any of those attributes change the order, you are confusing the customer. IF any of the attributes make a difference (i.e. color), you are creating a problem for the customer. IF the attribute makes a difference and is not set as required, you are making a problem for all.
    What would necessitate the customer not knowing all the attributes/info prior to clicking on the ATC button?

Plugin Contributions

An interesting discussion, because I have had a product before where the attributes were above the ATC button and customers/visitors have said they were confused about the product because they didn't see the ATC button (which was displayed, but at the end of the attribute list). But, when properly handled (default attribute being display-only or for text based being required), and the attributes moved to below the ATC button, no comments and information filled out properly...

Now, moving the attributes to say the end of the page and not just say slightly below or to the side of the ATC button, well that's definitely something of concern at least when the selection changes the order.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by dbltoe View Post
    IMHO, you are making a bad move. IF any of those attributes fall below the fold, you are effectively hiding the options from the customer. IF any of those attributes change the order, you are confusing the customer. IF any of the attributes make a difference (i.e. color), you are creating a problem for the customer. IF the attribute makes a difference and is not set as required, you are making a problem for all.
    What would necessitate the customer not knowing all the attributes/info prior to clicking on the ATC button?
    Agreed... The CHRONOLOGY of the purchase process is not a "design layout" issue... it is a PROCEDURE. The final action on a product info page is adding to cart, so any necessary modifications to the referenced product MUST be actioned before add to cart.

If clarity is needed on these (from a UX point of view), then CSS can be adjusted to apply background colours, increase text sizes, give greater visibility to the Quantity and Add To Cart Box etc.

Many store owners - who are VERY familiar with the layout they have designed - fail to realise that a new customer/person, visiting for the first time, is ignorant of the procedures until they have to apply/use them.

Design your store for proper and effective UX, making sure to indicate the LOGIC in any procedures that need to be followed.

The ONLY reason one would list attributes AFTER add-to-cart is if the attributes need NO selection and are there as "read only" and are thus used for purposes of additional information.
    20 years a Zencart User