Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Request: delivery time module

Hello, new "Zenner" here.

Not sure if this is the right place to post a request for a Shipping Module.

I am looking to add a shipping module to my site which allows the customer to select a delivery date and time slot for local delivery, and for the admin to be able to change the size of the time slots, with flexibility to determine how many deliveries can fit into a time slot, as well as turn certain time slots or days off from being selectable.

It appears there is such a feature addon for oscommerce at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4530/page,4
    I have downloaded the file and had a look if I could modify this addon and make it work for zencart, but I quickly discovered I lack the know-how.

Would there be anyone on this forum who might like to tackle this and create such an add-on for zencart?

That would be much appreciated!

Happy Holidays! and a Happy New Year!

Thank you

Jared

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Request: delivery time module

Welcome to the Zen Cart community.
    I am not sure is such a module exists for Zen Cart, but I will try to parse the Osc module to Zen Cart for you. Give me a few days, and i'll keep you posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by jkenwell View Post
    Hello, new "Zenner" here.

Not sure if this is the right place to post a request for a Shipping Module.

I am looking to add a shipping module to my site which allows the customer to select a delivery date and time slot for local delivery, and for the admin to be able to change the size of the time slots, with flexibility to determine how many deliveries can fit into a time slot, as well as turn certain time slots or days off from being selectable.

It appears there is such a feature addon for oscommerce at http://addons.oscommerce.com/info/4530/page,4
    I have downloaded the file and had a look if I could modify this addon and make it work for zencart, but I quickly discovered I lack the know-how.

Would there be anyone on this forum who might like to tackle this and create such an add-on for zencart?

That would be much appreciated!

Happy Holidays! and a Happy New Year!

Thank you

Jared

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    Welcome to the Zen Cart community.
    I am not sure is such a module exists for Zen Cart, but I will try to parse the Osc module to Zen Cart for you. Give me a few days, and i'll keep you posted.
    Thank you so much. That is fantastic news. :-)

Plugin Contributions

Okay, this turns out not to be such a straight forward job a I had hoped. I basically have to rewrite the whole module to make it work in Zen Cart, as the osc mod is very old, and eliminate a lot of core functionality.
    So far I have the admin pages ready (which was the easy part), and about 50% of the front end. Eventually my goal is t post the module on the downloads section. Until that time it will be available on GitHub.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    Okay, this turns out not to be such a straight forward job a I had hoped. I basically have to rewrite the whole module to make it work in Zen Cart, as the osc mod is very old, and eliminate a lot of core functionality.
    So far I have the admin pages ready (which was the easy part), and about 50% of the front end. Eventually my goal is t post the module on the downloads section. Until that time it will be available on GitHub.
    Beggars can't be choosers. :-) Since I cannot do it myself, I am very grateful for your efforts in this respect.

I shall patiently await your progress.

Thank you very much!

Plugin Contributions

Making progress here ;), but running in to a problem upon going from the shipping page to the payment page. The page only refreshes, and does not continue to the payment page.
    All other shipping method work, but not the new one. You can see/test it here. Feel free to create an account, and test the problem. Once this module is up and running the sites database will be reset so no sensitive data will be kept over a long period of time.
    Once this is fixed I will continue to add an ajax call to update the shipping cost after selecting in the popup.

Some extra data:
    Zen Cart version : 1.5.5d (fresh install, no other addons)
    PHP version: 7.0.14
    MySQL Server version: 5.7.16

The github repo has been updated with the latest file set of the module
    Last edited by Design75; 6 Jan 2017 at 01:06 PM. Reason: add aditional info

Plugin Contributions

Not sure if there was supposed to be something already however when I ran a test order on your test site no calendar came up. I shall await resolution. Again, thank you for your efforts. :-)

Plugin Contributions

Hello again, curious if you were able to resolve the snag. :-)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jkenwell View Post
    Hello again, curious if you were able to resolve the snag. :-)
    Nope, sorry, but I am still stuck. I was hoping some other forum members might jump in to help .

Plugin Contributions

Finally !!! Progress.
    Apparently it is not allowed to have underscores in the shipping module files . Now only to add a small piece of jquery to update the shipping page, and all is ready

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast