Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Country list not showing up in admin or at account creation

Ya, looks like your host's auto-install script hasn't been properly upgraded in a long while, as it's using outdated SQL code. They probably don't maintain it themselves, as they probably subscribe to a service that gives it to them along with lots of other auto-installable applications. But they do need to know about the problem so they can do something to get it fixed, as you mentioned above.

Fortunately, since v155c was just released, they will have need to pull in the updates for that anyway, so it's a good time for them to double-check that things are re-synced properly to their servers.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Another way to add the countries to your website is to first is to backup your database and check your database to add a new column if needed. This way literally takes less than a minute to do and is simple. But always, always, backup your database before making any changes.

Firstly, you need to check and see if the countries have been installed into the database correctly with all the necessary columns.

Goto phpMyAdmin, click on the correct database, click on zc_countries (which ever zc_ is yours) which needs to have 6 columns, which are...

countries_id, countries_name, countries_iso_code_2, countries_iso_code_3, address_format_id, status.

If you are missing countries on your website, more than likely you are missing the last column which is status.

If you don't want to do an update or a new install, another way is to add the missing column in your database.

Adding a new column is quick and easy, and it is really easy to do.

After you have clicked on zc_countries which now should be showing a list of your countries.

BACKUP YOUR DATABASE!

If the last column is missing, the "status" column, you need to add the column.

Near the top of the page look for structure and click it, this is usually next to browse.

This will bring up the names of all the columns in the zc_countries table. 5 columns again, look for the status column (if the status column is there STOP something else is wrong and you may not need to add the extra column).

Next, look to about the middle of the page under a big black line for the word "Add" next to it will be a box with the number 1 in it, and then a checked "At End of Table" text, meaning the new column will appear at the end of the table, which is where it needs to be.

At the end of this line will be a button that says "GO". Before clicking that, make sure that the drop down box next to it says countries_id and the previously mentioned "1" and "At End of Table" are correct.

Click on "GO".

After clicking you will see some boxes with headings that need to be filled in.

Name: status (type this in lower case)
    Type: tinyint (from the drop down box list)
    Length/Values: Leave blank.
    Default: Click drop down box. Click on "As Defined:" Then type "1" in the text box that appears.
    Collation: Leave blank.
    Attributes: Leave blank.
    Null: Check the box (make sure there is a tick in the box)
    Index: Leave blank.
    A_I: Leave blank.
    Comments: Leave blank.

Click on the save button.
    Check to make sure that you have a new column with status on the top and all other values are "1".
    Check your admin for your website.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Chris.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisYoung View Post
    Another way to add the countries to your website is to first is to backup your database and check your database to add a new column if needed. This way literally takes less than a minute to do and is simple. But always, always, backup your database before making any changes.

Firstly, you need to check and see if the countries have been installed into the database correctly with all the necessary columns.

Goto phpMyAdmin, click on the correct database, click on zc_countries (which ever zc_ is yours) which needs to have 6 columns, which are...

countries_id, countries_name, countries_iso_code_2, countries_iso_code_3, address_format_id, status.

If you are missing countries on your website, more than likely you are missing the last column which is status.

If you don't want to do an update or a new install, another way is to add the missing column in your database.

Adding a new column is quick and easy, and it is really easy to do.

After you have clicked on zc_countries which now should be showing a list of your countries.

BACKUP YOUR DATABASE!

If the last column is missing, the "status" column, you need to add the column.

Near the top of the page look for structure and click it, this is usually next to browse.

This will bring up the names of all the columns in the zc_countries table. 5 columns again, look for the status column (if the status column is there STOP something else is wrong and you may not need to add the extra column).

Next, look to about the middle of the page under a big black line for the word "Add" next to it will be a box with the number 1 in it, and then a checked "At End of Table" text, meaning the new column will appear at the end of the table, which is where it needs to be.

At the end of this line will be a button that says "GO". Before clicking that, make sure that the drop down box next to it says countries_id and the previously mentioned "1" and "At End of Table" are correct.

Click on "GO".

After clicking you will see some boxes with headings that need to be filled in.

Name: status (type this in lower case)
    Type: tinyint (from the drop down box list)
    Length/Values: Leave blank.
    Default: Click drop down box. Click on "As Defined:" Then type "1" in the text box that appears.
    Collation: Leave blank.
    Attributes: Leave blank.
    Null: Check the box (make sure there is a tick in the box)
    Index: Leave blank.
    A_I: Leave blank.
    Comments: Leave blank.

Click on the save button.
    Check to make sure that you have a new column with status on the top and all other values are "1".
    Check your admin for your website.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers,
    Chris.
    Thanks. I should point out that the *best* way to do it is to use the zc_install upgrader. If you do this one SQL change manually, then you'll break the upgrade step that tries to install that column.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Well I didn't read to the bottom of the post before I added the status manually to my database. It was successful, but now reading DrByte's addition should I be doing anything else now? The countries are now installed in admin.

I do have a question DrByte when you say use the zc_install upgrader is there a link to a tutorial showing how to use do that and should I drop that column and use the zc_install upgrader? Thank you both! I have 1.5.5f from something like itron at GoDaddy. I have had to contact them to upgrade zen cart because GoDaddy won't. They did do it, but looks like it was not complete. I will contact them and let them know they goofed.

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

Default Postage total in cart incorrect

Hi , only new to Zen Cart.

I am having a problem with the cart postage/weight total.

Example.

Product A = 100gm
    Product B = 100gm

If I add to cart 4xA(400gm) and 3xB(300gm) this should be total weight of 700gm.

But when it does the postage calculator estimate it is only taking into account product A-400gm.

If I enter 7xA which is 700gm, same weight total as product A+B as above it is calculating the correct postage on the estimator.

So if my customers are ordering multiple products it is only taking the first product to calculate postage.

I am using the Aust Post Calculator.

ZenCart Version v1.5.5e

www.bargainbuyer.com.au is my site.

Does anyone know why it is doing this and how to rectify?

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Postage total in cart incorrect

Quote Originally Posted by Ccake77 View Post
    Hi , only new to Zen Cart.

I am having a problem with the cart postage/weight total.

Example.

Product A = 100gm
    Product B = 100gm

If I add to cart 4xA(400gm) and 3xB(300gm) this should be total weight of 700gm.

But when it does the postage calculator estimate it is only taking into account product A-400gm.

If I enter 7xA which is 700gm, same weight total as product A+B as above it is calculating the correct postage on the estimator.

So if my customers are ordering multiple products it is only taking the first product to calculate postage.

I am using the Aust Post Calculator.

ZenCart Version v1.5.5e

www.bargainbuyer.com.au is my site.

Does anyone know why it is doing this and how to rectify?

Thanks
    Couple of things and maybe (hopefully) it was an accident, but please 1) don't double post (there is/was a separate thread already started with the above content, and 2) hijack a thread in particular that is completely unrelated to the question being asked about.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBodine View Post
    Well I didn't read to the bottom of the post before I added the status manually to my database. It was successful, but now reading DrByte's addition should I be doing anything else now? The countries are now installed in admin.

I do have a question DrByte when you say use the zc_install upgrader is there a link to a tutorial showing how to use do that and should I drop that column and use the zc_install upgrader? Thank you both! I have 1.5.5f from something like itron at GoDaddy. I have had to contact them to upgrade zen cart because GoDaddy won't. They did do it, but looks like it was not complete. I will contact them and let them know they goofed.

Thanks!
    So DrByte's statement about the zc_install process being affected relates to the situation of where a database is being updated from before ZC 1.5.2. For a store that has software installed to ZC 1.5.5 (where unfortunately the auto-installers haven't fixed the issue), *and* there is no database being updated, then adding the field is the fix to the problem. Further in that situation (a new store) the zc_install code does not need to be executed as the auto-installer presumably performed all operations that the zc_install process does.

For someone that uses the software of ZC 1.5.5, but uploads a database from a previous version store, the manual addition of the field should *not* be done. In that situation, the zc_install process should be used which is described in the documentation for ZC installation/upgrade.

The thing is, ZC does not provide an auto-installer, there is a documented process to perform installation and upgrade that uses known code. The auto-installer was developed by someone else and already it can be seen that one characteristic was missed. What else was missed?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the detailed clarification. I did contact Installatron which does the installs for GoDaddy.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by MaxBodine View Post
    Thank you for the detailed clarification. I did contact Installatron which does the installs for GoDaddy.
    Regardless of the response by Installatron, I doubt you will get many here to ever endorse using anything but the standard Zen Cart installation process.
    Sorta like recommending folks go to Apple to purchase Excel.
    Now, if you could talk Installatron into just placing a link to Zen Cart.....
    Not only would their user get the correct installation BUT, they'd find out about the forum as well.
    IMHO, it's not just the errors that seem to be in all the auto-installers but the fact that the store owner misses the connection to the forum, wiki, FAQs, etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12