Plugin Contributions

Default Can't Remember How I Did It!! LOL

Several months ago we added some book listings on www.book-oasis.com that took the reader directly to Amazon, rather than sell the book on the site itself. http://book-oasis.com/index.php?main...roducts_id=118 is a perfect example. It worked like a charm...but now we absolutely can't remember how we did it! And I can't find the post I made at the time asking for advice. We need to duplicate this on another website. Please, will someone take pity on us and remind us how it was done? LOL Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Can't Remember How I Did It!! LOL

Plugin Contributions

Frank:

Thanks, but no, that's not it. I need to re-figure out how to set up book listings so that the Products Price Manager doesn't even show up the Categories/Products page.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Looks like you used the "Document Product" type instead of "Product General".
    You can choose the product-type from the dropdown before clicking on the "New Product" button to create the product in the category.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

TheProduct type assigned to a product can be modified (with SQL or tool that performs the same) after the fact, but there are cases where caution should be used when doing such as there are fields associated with some product type that should be addressed from the onset rather than "mid-stream".

This was discussed in one of the threads that were started by you as found with the following search: https://www.zen-cart.com/search.php?...vBForum_Thread

There are very few posts that have been started "recently" all of which were within the last year otherwise a few years before.

That list does not include threads to which you posted/added information. For those, go to your profile and then select the Find latest Posts option on the left side... Might come across the specific post in question.

Based on the first post of this thread though, it appears that frank18 had hit the nail on the head leading to RodGs solution of using the .htaccess file to redirect specific entries away from the current site. Based on the third post, I know I'm confused about what is being sought/resolved. The above example link does not appear to do anything other than show the title and description of the book. There is no way shown to purchase nor was I redirected. Don't know if that all requires login or something, as it was not clear from that page.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DK_Scully View Post
    I can't find the post I made at the time asking for advice.
    Try going to your user profile and click "Find latest posts". That will give 6 pages of your postings. If you started the original post, you'll only have 28 threads to look through.
    My store - closed 12/05/2023
    1.5.7d (upgraded from 1.5.7b), clone a template (cloned Responsive Classic Template), Sitemap XML v4.0, Square WebPay, PayPal Express Checkout, PHP Version: 7.4.29 (Zend: 3.4.0)

Plugin Contributions

Mike
    GeekHost - Zen Cart Certified & PCI Compliant Hosting
    The Zen Cart Forum...Better than a monitor covered with post-it notes!

Plugin Contributions

It looks like your previous setup was done using Product General then obtaining IFRAME code from Amazon to place on your page. Or perhaps the IFRAME was manually created and the Amazon URL was a Copy & Paste. I don't have a Retailer account with Amazon so not sure how it works when creating products for sale on their site.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    Looks like you used the "Document Product" type instead of "Product General".
    You can choose the product-type from the dropdown before clicking on the "New Product" button to create the product in the category.
    That was it exactly! Thank you so much!!! :-D

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by VDecalS View Post
    Try going to your user profile and click "Find latest posts". That will give 6 pages of your postings. If you started the original post, you'll only have 28 threads to look through.
    I started with that and couldn't find it. My guess is I didn't ask about this one, but found it on someone else's thread. A few months ago I started bookmarking all posts that were of interest to me, and this one has been bookmarked, too...so if I ever run across the problem again, I'll be able to solve it myself without pestering you guys.

Thanks, everyone!! Much appreciated!