Plugin Contributions

Default Pause Attribute?

Hi, I've looked everywhere for this and can't find the answer. I'm sorry if it is obvious. Our site sells Welsh lovespoons, and as an option when ordering customers can check a box to add a booklet with the history etc for an extra £3.99. I have done this using 'Attributes'. This attribute is available on all of our lovespoons (products).

Unfortunately the booklets are currently out of print, and we will not receive these for about a month - 6 weeks. What I'm trying to do is instead of editing all of the producst individually to remove this attribute (the different lovespoons have different other attributes, but the booklet is universal), I'd like to just pause this attribute globally so that it is not an option on any of my products until the booklet is available.

I've entered 'Attributes Controller', and then 'option names' which takes me to the 'Product Options' page. I've found the Booklet 'option' and pressed edit, but I'm not sure what to choose here. Am I going about this the correct way?

Should I use 'Delete ALL Option Values to ALL products for Option Name'?

Thanks for any advice, and a Happy New Year to all.
    Last edited by bonheddwr; 3 Jan 2017 at 01:51 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Pause Attribute?

Zen Cart 1.5.5 introduced HTML id tags into the attributes' display so that you can "target" their display via CSS. If that were the case, then you could simply "hide" (via a CSS display: none; directive) that attribute (targeted by its ID) so that customers can't select it ... until it's back in stock.

There still might be a way to "hide" that information, if all attributes for your products are laid out exactly the same as this page, you could add the following to your stylesheet.css (or create a product_info.css file containing):
    Code:
    h3.attributesComments:nth-child(2), h3.attributesComments:nth-child(2)+div+br, h3.attributesComments:nth-child(2)+div { display: none; }
    That will "hide" the 2nd (Add the Lovespoon Booklet) attribute block from the display. Since it's a checkbox field, that's as good as disabling it!

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart 1.5.5 introduced HTML id tags into the attributes' display so that you can "target" their display via CSS. If that were the case, then you could simply "hide" (via a CSS display: none; directive) that attribute (targeted by its ID) so that customers can't select it ... until it's back in stock.
    Thank you very much for your comments. Regarding the above, yes our site is running on v1.5.5.

The ID for the Booklets on the 'Product Options' page is 27.

I would be extremely grateful if you can advise on what exactly I should add and to which CSS file. Thank you so much again.

Plugin Contributions

I'm not seeing the updated output for your site's attribute-block on the products' detailed information screens (i.e. product_info). It's the file /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_modules_attributes.php that provides that updated processing.

Unfortunately, that module doesn't apply that HTML id attribute to the options' comments fields, so it's kind of a moot point for your situation.

What you can do, again assuming that all of your attributed products have exactly the same layout (i.e. the same options), you could add the line in my previous post to the bottom of your template's stylesheet.css to get the desired affect.

Plugin Contributions

Quick fix

1. Edit the OPTION NAME: see Booklet below (change it to: temporarily out of stock)

Add the following to the bottom of stylesheet.css :- #attrib-27-40{display:none;}
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

I wouldn't bother with putting that booklet into print... I would just convert it to a PDF, store the PDF in the PUB folder, then put a link to it into the product description somewhere. If people want a printed version, let them print out the PDF at their time and expense.

If you created the booklet in MS Word, then just use MS word to convert it to a PDF - or use one of the many online PDF converters.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    I wouldn't bother with putting that booklet into print... I would just convert it to a PDF, store the PDF in the PUB folder, then put a link to it into the product description somewhere. If people want a printed version, let them print out the PDF at their time and expense.

If you created the booklet in MS Word, then just use MS word to convert it to a PDF - or use one of the many online PDF converters.
    Ahhh... I see you are selling the book... So why not sell it as a download? Still have the PDF, but sell it as a download (virtual) product? In this way you get £3.99 without the input cost of printing onto paper.
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    Quick fix

1. Edit the OPTION NAME: see Booklet below (change it to: temporarily out of stock)

Add the following to the bottom of stylesheet.css :- #attrib-27-40{display:none;}
    Thank you so much for your help. This solution has worked well for us.

http://www.welsh-lovespoons.co.uk/fu...love-spoon-001