Plugin Contributions

Default free shipping & coupons

A client is trying to set up a coupon to both give a % off any product (i.e. no category or product restrictions involved) AND free shipping.

As best I can see from the documentation and this forum, it isn't possible to do both. Is that correct?

Further, I am tinkering with their coupon trying to see how changing different values works. I took out the discount and just left the free shipping checked. When I check out with the coupon, I get the " Congratulations you have redeemed the Discount Coupon" notice but there is still shipping cost and no discount either (which I wouldn't expect since I deleted the % from that field).

Is there another step involved in offering free shipping via coupon? I should mention this shop uses cloned table shipping. I apologize if this is already answered somewhere. I did spend the better part of 45 minutes searching this forum, reading the FAQ and just trying different things.

Thanks!
    Ellie Armsby

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: free shipping & coupons

Based on the above description it appears that a free shipping module is not installed.

I would think that you would have to have one of the free shipping modules installed and active as well. Not sure which at the moment, but table shipping is not the same.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

The coupon type that combines free shipping with either a percent-off or price-off variation was introduced in Zen Cart 1.5.2 and corrected in 1.5.5b.

Plugin Contributions

Lat9, thanks for that info. Another reason to try to convince them to upgrade. I tried for days unsuccessfully to upgrade their cart about a year ago but ran into a roadblock with something and then never went back to it. Gives me more reason to try again with it.
    Ellie Armsby