Hybrid View

Plugin Contributions

Default Upgrade to newest versiom

Hi,

I finally tried to Upgrade my database from 138 to 155, but the choices I get when trying to Upgrade is as the Picture show. How do I get from 138 to 139 so that I can continue the Upgrade?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oppgradere database.jpg 
Views:	562 
Size:	31.6 KB 
ID:	16870

Br
    Raymond

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Upgrade to newest versiom

It should be added that I did get a Message first saying: "Upgrade to Version 1.3.9 completed" in a green Box and the red Box below saying: " Could not update to Version 1.5.0. We detect that you currently have v1.3.8, and must perform updates to get Version 1.3.9 first.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Oppgradere database 1.jpg 
Views:	405 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	16871

Plugin Contributions

Do you still have a backup of your 1.3.8 database to restore/try again?

Following this process: http://www.zen-cart.com/entry.php?3-...d-of-upgrading

This problem should be repeatable on your test/temporary location.

Otherwise, there are specific changes that are expected to have been made/conditions to meet in order to be considered at a specific ZC version.

Some other things: to what version are you considering the "latest" (stated 155, but there are four sub-releases after the initial 155 release and if I remember covering the install sql correctly, one of them affects the 1.3.8 step of the upgrade.)? What process has been used thus far to get to the updated database that you currently have? Where did you obtain the fileset to do the upgrade?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

The link you provided appears to be a forum thread on Zen Cart's website discussing a test site for upgrades. It's likely that users are discussing the process of testing upgrades on their Zen Cart websites before implementing them on their live sites.

Using a test site for upgrades is a recommended practice to ensure a smooth transition and minimize the risk of issues or disruptions on the live site. By testing upgrades on a separate site, website owners can evaluate the compatibility of new features, check for any bugs or conflicts, and ensure that everything functions as expected before deploying the changes to their production environment. It's a valuable approach to maintain a stable and reliable online presence while implementing updates and improvements to an e-commerce platform like Zen Cart.

Plugin Contributions

Actually, that link is over 8 years old and should be replaced with https://docs.zen-cart.com/user/upgrading/

The docs are a LOT different than back then.