Plugin Contributions

Default Problem showing additional images

I have have modified a custom template for my site. I'm almost satisfied but I still have problem showing additional product images under the main product image.

When you click the main image to open in this lightbox feature you can scroll through the additional images. But it's so obscure I doubt anyone will actually find the additional images this way.

Example product here: http://blackphlegm.com/emptiness/alt...roducts_id=204

I can see there's place for the additional images underneath the main image but they are not showing. Can anyone help with this ?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problem showing additional images

Anyone?

Plugin Contributions

I am viewing on my phone so only a practical suggestion for now to get the ball rolling, why not add a 'click image to view...' text to the product info?
    On the back of that, the font you are using is extremely difficult to fathom. I realise it's in keeping with your product/market, but even us headbangers wear glasses sometimes...

Plugin Contributions

Took a little bit to find where it might be expected that additional images could play a role. The delay was because of the font used to indicate what other items had been purchased by those that had gotten the product identified at that page. (couldn't read the text making it difficult to search the source code, but because of familiarity with ZC could guess what was expected to be there.)

Anyways, there appears to be some javascript and or changes that have been made to the standard additional images template files that are affecting the ability to show additional images as just that, additional images.

Two things I can think of off the bat would be to either add/modify text about the initial image (click to see all images) or do something associated with the additional images file(s) so that either the javascriopt is removed, a separate group of additional images is created that would not be affected by the javascript, or some other modification that would make it possible to see the additional images without having to be inside the "viewer" already.

Perhaps ideally in that regards, the image is seen, and then clicked on and able to see "closer" up, but by being presented separately it is known that it exists.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I agree with the others about your font choice for headers etc... While there may be some "design intent" in using hieroglyphics, your users will soon tire of the need to go look-up images of the Rosetta Stone to work out what your labels mean, or how the site works. This approach will lead to high drop-off and bounce rates. People want ease, efficiency and speed - not cryptics that can't easily be deciphered.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Got it working. I figured out that installing Image Handler 4 would show the additional images. No idea what was the problem with them before. I was abel to get one of the additional images showing in full size when poking the code in php files. But this works.

I understand your point with the typographical issues with the UI. And I wouldn't recommend it for any webshop than my own. Maybe I change it if I find some nice header font to replace, but for now I'm happy with the current situation. As it doesn't seem to affect my incoming orders. I guess the customers are familiar with old fraktura letters from reading all the black metal records.

Or maybe there could be a button to change the CSS and decipher the font if customer chooses so? any tips how to do that?