Plugin Contributions

Default v155b-d - extremely difficult to check/uncheck checkbox when deleting linked items

When trying to delete a linked item, it proved extremely difficult to check/uncheck the checkboxes - one felt as if one was trying to click on a specific pixel for it to work. Our testing seemed to show that the problem was occurring only on items with an odd number of linked options, but that may have been spurious.

The cause was traced down to a padding set in bootstrap css

As we believe that bootstrap is a standard css , our solution is to override it in zc stylesheet and leave the bootstrap as is.

At line 238 of the default admin/includes/stylesheet.css, add
    padding: 0;
    border: none;
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: v155b-d - extremely difficult to check/uncheck checkbox when deleting linked item

This refers to the checkboxes as seen from admin product listing->red circle with "X"->?

The bootstrap rule was on the actual checkboxes or a parent?
    I don't see this issue but I have quite a few overrides in place already.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: v155b-d - extremely difficult to check/uncheck checkbox when deleting linked item

No issues when using ZC 1.5.5d, demo products only, mobile device and at the following url: admin/products_to_categories.php?products_filter=24&current_category_id=20

Able to select all check boxes without difficulty, though might be nice to be able to select the box by clicking on the associated/adjacent name as well...

Hadn't had a chance to repeat the test from one or more resolutions on a desktop as well.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

@torvista

This refers to the checkboxes as seen from admin product listing->red circle with "X"->?
    - Yes

The bootstrap rule was on the actual checkboxes or a parent?
    - not sure. I just reported what one of our developers found when dealing with a client complaint. I'll find out tomorrow.
    Development Manager @ JSWeb Ltd
    Over 15 years with Zencart

Plugin Contributions

Ohh.. Mean to actually delete the product and it happens to be one that is linked... Thought it was the case of changing the linking status of a product to other categories.

No problem with default ZC store on desktop same store as described above... All links appear and expected screen responses seen with path:

admin/categories.php?cPath=1_5

and:

admin/categories.php?cPath=15

to name a few...

Plugin Contributions

I'm having the issue mentioned by the original poster in Zen Cart 1.5.5e, however the style on my admin stylesheet at line 238 is for td.alert:not(.messageStackAlert), span.alert:not(.messageStackAlert) { and I don't believe that is the item that needs to be adjusted.

Can someone enlighten me as to which style actually needs to be adjusted. It's extremely frustrating trying to unlink products at the moment. I've found it next to impossible in Firefox, but have some success in Microsoft Edge.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by gwynwyffar View Post
    I'm having the issue mentioned by the original poster in Zen Cart 1.5.5e, however the style on my admin stylesheet at line 238 is for td.alert:not(.messageStackAlert), span.alert:not(.messageStackAlert) { and I don't believe that is the item that needs to be adjusted.

Can someone enlighten me as to which style actually needs to be adjusted. It's extremely frustrating trying to unlink products at the moment. I've found it next to impossible in Firefox, but have some success in Microsoft Edge.
    It may not be the item that needs to be adjusted for your situation; however, that line is the one that generates the "red" text of the master_category when from the product page it is desired to delete a product that is also linked... As a result of performing a delete operation, the user is expected to uncheck the master_category if the product is to remain in the master_category which means that the box needs to be "clickable" and without the content added as provided above, it appears to be a problem.

Now, if instead say the attributes option were selected and then at the bottom the multiple categories link manager were used (if the product has attributes when selecting the "circle-a" then an option is presented on the right, otherwise the attributes manager is opened and in the top of the screen it is possible to select the multiple categories link manager), then the master_category would remain untouched and the other category(ies) deselected to remove them from the the linked area/category.