Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Cart is Automaically Adding Product and Customers Share Same ZEN ID

Quote Originally Posted by rugged951 View Post
    Good input, but I can confirm it's not a "shared link" issue. I have customers around the country calling about the problem. It's quite literally as if 20 people at any given time have the same shopping cart and if someone somewhere adds or removes the item, the others see that. Again, not everyone is experiencing it, but it is a new and sudden issue.
    How can you confirm it's not a "shared link" issue
    What is your evidence to say this?
    Have you checked to see how each of your potential customers got to your website to eliminate this possiblity?
    It only takes someone to share a link (with a zenid) on facebook for this happen

Plugin Contributions

The Log File has one error ( I omitted the domain here):

[11-Jan-2017 15:14:43 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function zcc_is_ws_customer() in /home/XXXXXX/www.XXXXXX.com/htdocs/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 1225

As for the settings on "other" directories, I doubt you mean the whole site? That's a long list.

Neither configure.php in the admin or root includes folders has a reference to sessions, so I'm not clear what you're asking on that one.

Plugin Contributions

Gilby, I pride myself on the details, but you did give me pause to rethink if we accidentally re-distributed a URL out there. We are heavy marketers utilizing email and social media. I'm checking that now, but so far, no luck. That would have actually made me happy if that was the issue. I'll continue to look at that tonight.

Plugin Contributions

The Log File has one error ( I omitted the domain here):

[11-Jan-2017 15:14:43 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function zcc_is_ws_customer() in /home/XXXXXX/www.XXXXXX.com/htdocs/includes/classes/shopping_cart.php on line 1225

As for the settings on "other" directories, I doubt you mean the whole site? That's a long list.

Neither configure.php in the admin or root includes folders has a reference to sessions, so I'm not clear what you're asking on that one.
    Almost any other directory would be fine, say the includes folder for example.

The function: zcc_is_ws_customer is not a core ZC function so something has been added/modified to request that function. Not sure how related it may be because that error relates directly with the cart itself...

As to the includes/configure.php file. I mispoke, I should have asked about the cache setting(s)/path. That too should align with the path from earlier.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Gilby, I pride myself on the details, but you did give me pause to rethink if we accidentally re-distributed a URL out there. We are heavy marketers utilizing email and social media. I'm checking that now, but so far, no luck. That would have actually made me happy if that was the issue. I'll continue to look at that tonight.
    It doesn't have to be a link that you put out there..
    A customer could also post a link themselves to their own facebook page or blog and if its a popular page then this could cause it.
    Google might find their post interesting and this could cause the issue as well

Plugin Contributions

Here you go! Maybe you can spot something I can't...
    Name:  sessions.jpg
Views: 107
Size:  64.7 KB

Plugin Contributions

I believe the problem is resolved. Yeay!

I have NO idea how, but apparently our tpl_header had a zenid value in there; similar to this:
    <input type="hidden" name="zenid" value="XX15f740c0d9f0c4c79ecfdb2acZZZZZ" />

It had been there for months, but for some reason, only began revealing itself in the past week. Thanks to Gilby's comment, it forced me to research that Zen ID everywhere. One of my staff members sent an email campaign with a product link that included the Zen ID, so it appears a confluence of events contributed to this.

We did some additional cleaning with cache and sessions I won't bore you with, but it appears to be stable and functioning normally now. Thank you all for chiming in and getting my gears turning towards the right solution.

Plugin Contributions

I believe the problem is resolved. Yeay!

I have NO idea how, but apparently our tpl_header had a zenid value in there; similar to this:
    <input type="hidden" name="zenid" value="XX15f740c0d9f0c4c79ecfdb2acZZZZZ" />
    That would have been put there MANUALLY. I'd track down the culprit and $%£$^"$^*Q£YR*YQR them, then I would *&&&^%*&((*(&^ and finally - to make sure the message got through, I'd *&*&%$%**(&*)&) and %$$&^(^(^&( them.
    20 years a Zencart User

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12