Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Warning and error has occurred suddenly started

Hi I am runinng V1.5.1 and all has been running fine until our datacenter had an outage yesterday.

This morning the Advanced Search is getting as far as Limit to Category then stopping with two warning messages (so assuming that the problem is loading the code for limiting categories and manufactirers).

I have checked the logs and nothing is being reported there.

Does anybody have any experience please with this routine suddenly throwing up errors please?

Thanks
    Alan

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Warning and error has occurred suddenly started

Quote Originally Posted by DigiBooks View Post
    Hi I am runinng V1.5.1 and all has been running fine until our datacenter had an outage yesterday.

This morning the Advanced Search is getting as far as Limit to Category then stopping with two warning messages (so assuming that the problem is loading the code for limiting categories and manufactirers).

I have checked the logs and nothing is being reported there.

Does anybody have any experience please with this routine suddenly throwing up errors please?

Thanks
    Alan
    It may help if you could tell us *exactly* what the "warning messages" were.

Also, what makes you so sure that this problem was the result of the data center outage (as implied) rather than a problem that may have existed for quite some time but not actually noted until after the outage?

Basically, I can't think of any 'outage' that would cause such a specific error condition and suspect that whatever the cause it could be something that pre-existed but only just noted, in which case the 'outage' is a 'red herring' that could be leadfing you (and us) astray from a valid diagnosis of the cause/problem.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    It may help if you could tell us *exactly* what the "warning messages" were.

Also, what makes you so sure that this problem was the result of the data center outage (as implied) rather than a problem that may have existed for quite some time but not actually noted until after the outage?

Basically, I can't think of any 'outage' that would cause such a specific error condition and suspect that whatever the cause it could be something that pre-existed but only just noted, in which case the 'outage' is a 'red herring' that could be leadfing you (and us) astray from a valid diagnosis of the cause/problem.

Cheers
    RodG
    Hi RodG

The exact error is:

WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.
    WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

Chhose your Search terms has completed fine then these messages are under Limit to Category (in our case Limit to Genre as we just made a word change).

The Adavanced Search was working fine the day before the outage but now crashes. The datacenter went down with a 503 Service Unavailable which took out all hosting console and FTP access. They have issued this message:

Our System Administration Team have identified that a number of SharedDB servers have failed connectivity. This is causing issues with database driven websites and we are working to resolve this. Additionally, some customers may see problems accessing Webmail and the eXtend Control Panel.

Reagrds
    Alan

Plugin Contributions

Double check the path information in your includes/configure.php for DIR_FS_LOGS as compared to other paths and verify that your logs directory (should be logs off of your catalog directory) has permissions of 0755.

The error is definitely something that should be logged, so seems that logs are not arriving where they are expected for one reason or another. Ie. The server may have been moved and that one path may not be correct as compared to the others.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Double check the path information in your includes/configure.php for DIR_FS_LOGS as compared to other paths and verify that your logs directory (should be logs off of your catalog directory) has permissions of 0755.

The error is definitely something that should be logged, so seems that logs are not arriving where they are expected for one reason or another. Ie. The server may have been moved and that one path may not be correct as compared to the others.

Hi - thanks

The directory is definitely defined there (we are getting illegal string reports to do with shipping (we don't ship) but nothing to pick up this error:

define('DIR_FS_LOGS', '/home/sites/digi-books.org.uk/public_html/db_library/logs');

Catalog is located in folder db_library

Regards
    Alan

Plugin Contributions

The source code on the page is here - it stops at Limit to Categories (Genre):

<div class="centerColumn" id="advSearchDefault">

<form name="advanced_search" action="http://digi-books.org.uk/team/admin_db_library/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result" method="get" onsubmit="return check_form(this);"><input type="hidden" name="main_page" value="advanced_search_result" />
    <h1 id="advSearchDefaultHeading">Advanced Search</h1>

<fieldset>
    <legend>Choose Your Search Terms</legend>
    <div class="forward"><a href="javascriptopupWindow('http://digi-books.org.uk/team/admin_db_library/index.php?main_page=popup_search_help')">Search Help [?]</a></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    <div class="centeredContent"><input type="text" name="keyword" value="keywords" onfocus="RemoveFormatString(this, 'keywords')" />&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="checkbox" name="search_in_description" value="1" checked="checked" id="search-in-description" /><label class="checkboxLabel" for="search-in-description">Search In Book Descriptions</label></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    </fieldset>

<fieldset class="floatingBox back">
    <legend>Limit to Genre:</legend>
    <div class="floatLeft"><div class="systemError">WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.<div class="systemError">WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

Plugin Contributions

The source code on the page is here - it stops at Limit to Categories (Genre):

Code:
    <div class="centerColumn" id="advSearchDefault">

<form name="advanced_search" action="http://digi-books.org.uk/team/admin_db_library/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result" method="get" onsubmit="return check_form(this);"><input type="hidden" name="main_page" value="advanced_search_result" />
    <h1 id="advSearchDefaultHeading">Advanced Search</h1>

<fieldset>
    <legend>Choose Your Search Terms</legend>
    <div class="forward"><a href="javascript:popupWindow('http://digi-books.org.uk/team/admin_db_library/index.php?main_page=popup_search_help')">Search Help [?]</a></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
        <div class="centeredContent"><input type="text" name="keyword" value="keywords" onfocus="RemoveFormatString(this, 'keywords')" />&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="checkbox" name="search_in_description" value="1" checked="checked" id="search-in-description" /><label class="checkboxLabel" for="search-in-description">Search In Book Descriptions</label></div>
    <br class="clearBoth" />
    </fieldset>

<fieldset class="floatingBox back">
        <legend>Limit to Genre:</legend>
        <div class="floatLeft"><div class="systemError">WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.<div class="systemError">WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.
    Looks like the code in includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/tpl_advanced_search_default.php that follows the last output line is generating an error, though it is odd that the error is not logged in the ZC logs folder. Does seem like the host is/was having issues as well, so there could be two things going on there. The fact that otherwise the store is operational seems to indicate that there may be some piece of database information that is possibly causing some sort of loop or something.

The code in a default install/version of that file at that location is:
    Code:
    <?php echo zen_draw_pull_down_menu('categories_id', zen_get_categories(array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES)), '0' ,'', '1'), $sData['categories_id']); ?></div>
                                    <?php echo zen_draw_checkbox_field('inc_subcat', '1', $sData['inc_subcat'], 'id="inc-subcat"'); ?><label class="checkboxLabel" for="inc-subcat"><?php echo ENTRY_INCLUDE_SUBCATEGORIES; ?></label>

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Looks like the code in includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/tpl_advanced_search_default.php that follows the last output line is generating an error, though it is odd that the error is not logged in the ZC logs folder. Does seem like the host is/was having issues as well, so there could be two things going on there. The fact that otherwise the store is operational seems to indicate that there may be some piece of database information that is possibly causing some sort of loop or something.

The code in a default install/version of that file at that location is:
    Code:
    <?php echo zen_draw_pull_down_menu('categories_id', zen_get_categories(array(array('id' => '', 'text' => TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES)), '0' ,'', '1'), $sData['categories_id']); ?></div>
                                    <?php echo zen_draw_checkbox_field('inc_subcat', '1', $sData['inc_subcat'], 'id="inc-subcat"'); ?><label class="checkboxLabel" for="inc-subcat"><?php echo ENTRY_INCLUDE_SUBCATEGORIES; ?></label>
    Thanks I will check that code against the script I have. I thought it might have been corrupted data so I downloaded it and reloaded to an older version of the site (we rewrote the whole system last December) and the problem does not exist so indicates that the data is not corrupted. I reloaded the advanced search scripts and that makes no difference .. just need to locate where the zen_draw_pull_down_menu function is so that I can reload that as well.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks I will check that code against the script I have. I thought it might have been corrupted data so I downloaded it and reloaded to an older version of the site (we rewrote the whole system last December) and the problem does not exist so indicates that the data is not corrupted. I reloaded the advanced search scripts and that makes no difference .. just need to locate where the zen_draw_pull_down_menu function is so that I can reload that as well.
    That would be includes/functions/html_output.php which may also be modified by some other plugin if using an older URI rewriter or some other program that has modified it.

Plugin Contributions

Reloaded that script but still the same.

Run out of logic now!

Backed up and reloaded the database to the old site and it works prefectly (the only difference between the two sites is the layouts).

Backed up from the old site to the new and it crashes. Reloaded a backup taken 10 days ago and it works.

Looks like I'm going to have to bite the bullet and go with the most recent backup and get 400 products reloaded!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast