Plugin Contributions

Default won't let me log in to admin

Hey folks,

Sorry, I looked everywhere and there is no obvious solution I can find.

I just installed a fresh install of 1.5.5d, and I go to my new admin folder, and it takes me to the the front page of admin.

I click Log In at the upper left, and give it the email addy and temp password and it tells me "there is no match...".

How do you log into Zen Cart now? when they ask for an email address(in the install it claims this is a superuser email and doesn't tell us it is for logging in, in the past I used my username) the only one I have is the one given during the install.

Is it tweaked because I'm using an email account from another domain, not the one I'm installing on? I don't have email configured on this domain, it's just a test domain.

Unbelievably and unnecessarily frustrating.

Thanks for any help you can give me. I have deleted all, then copied/reinstalled, and it fails every time.

Eric

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 1.5.5d won't let me log in

LOL unbelievable. You need to add the firkin' page name(index.php) to the end of the URL or it will think you are a visitor not an admin.

I swear.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by erica62 View Post
    LOL unbelievable. You need to add the firkin' page name(index.php) to the end of the URL or it will think you are a visitor not an admin.

I swear.
    that is a server problem, and not a Zen Cart problem. You should contact your host to solve that

Plugin Contributions

For others that might read this, another indication of this issue being server related incorrect location accessed:

If the admin folder is/was accessed, there is no "click in the upper left hand corner to login" option. When first at the admin, there is the admin login credentials to be entered, that's basically it. Yes it can be customized, it could be different, but the default install is just that: login...

There are a number of setup options that could have led to the above issue requiring index.php to be added to the uri (and none ZC related), but as Design75 suggested: talk to the host.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erica62 View Post

I swear.
    that is a server problem, and not a Zen Cart problem. You should contact your host to solve that
    Exactly. If the server (Apache or nginx) is misconfigured then it won't automatically assume "index.php" if nothing is specified. Most good hosting companies make sure this is properly configured in their server, lest they have to deal with support calls caused by the confusion you're experiencing. They should be able to fix it in a couple minutes if you give them a ring.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.