Plugin Contributions

Default Shipping Estimator Error: 1054:Unknown column 'status' in 'where clause

Zen-Cart v155d, fresh install (just Canada Post addon installed), PHP Version 5.6.29, using classic template

When I add product to shopping cart and click the 'Estimate Shipping' button I get the following error:

WARNING: An Error occurred, please refresh the page and try again.

When I check the error log this is what it says:

[26-Jan-2017 02:40:29 UTC] Request URI: /index.php?main_page=popup_shipping_estimator, IP address: 65.92.117.22
    #1 trigger_error() called at [/home/jmgqbfra/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:167]
    #2 queryFactory->show_error() called at [/home/jmgqbfra/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:139]
    #3 queryFactory->set_error() called at [/home/jmgqbfra/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php:266]
    #4 queryFactory->Execute() called at [/home/jmgqbfra/public_html/includes/functions/functions_lookups.php:29]
    #5 zen_get_countries() called at [/home/jmgqbfra/public_html/includes/modules/shipping_estimator.php:121]
    #6 require(/home/jmgqbfra/public_html/includes/modules/shipping_estimator.php) called at [/home/jmgqbfra/public_html/includes/templates/template_default/popup_shipping_estimator/tpl_main_page.php:16]
    #7 require(/home/jmgqbfra/public_html/includes/templates/template_default/popup_shipping_estimator/tpl_main_page.php) called at [/home/jmgqbfra/public_html/index.php:97]

[26-Jan-2017 02:40:29 UTC] PHP Fatal error: 1054:Unknown column 'status' in 'where clause' :: select countries_name, countries_iso_code_2, countries_iso_code_3
    from zc_countries
    where countries_id = '223' and status != 0 order by countries_name ==> (as called by) /home/jmgqbfra/public_html/includes/functions/functions_lookups.php on line 29 <== in /home/jmgqbfra/public_html/includes/classes/db/mysql/query_factory.php on line 167

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Shipping Estimator Error

This version of ZC has a new feature in the Countries administration area... a new dbase field called "status". In the admin you used to have to DELETE countries if you didn't need or want them to feature in your site.

Now, you can change their "Status" by clicking the status button in the countries admin area.

Somehow, your dbase either has not got this field (column), or there is some error in accessing it:
    PHP Fatal error: 1054:Unknown column 'status'
    Go to your admin panel and see if the COUNTRIES admin section has this STATUS feature. And use php-my-admin to see if the field is in the COUNTRIES table.

Tell us what you see.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

There was not a status feature in the admin countries area.

I ended up deleting and reinstalling zencart 155d and is now working.

Thanks for the help.

Plugin Contributions

I just ran into this same problem. When I looked to find the sql statement for status and countries in the install folder, I didn't turn it up. I was able to fix it but the version says it's 155f and I don't understand how this can happen with it just not being added in a fresh install. Not my install but it makes me wonder what else could be wrong. Thinking this might be a hosting install and not done manually.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by delia View Post
    I just ran into this same problem. When I looked to find the sql statement for status and countries in the install folder, I didn't turn it up. I was able to fix it but the version says it's 155f and I don't understand how this can happen with it just not being added in a fresh install. Not my install but it makes me wonder what else could be wrong. Thinking this might be a hosting install and not done manually.
    I've seen many reports of the missing 'status' field, mostly due to a hosting vs. manual install.

Plugin Contributions

in this case blame GoDaddy. Surprise.
    The full-time Zen Cart Guru. WizTech4ZC.com