Plugin Contributions

Default Salemaker problem in 1.5.5d

Hi,

have just set up a sale using Salemaker and have come across a bug/issue. If you try and enter anything in the start or end date fields, it defaults to a date sometime in 2036 in both fields regardless, and consequently no sale can be started. If the fields are left blank, then it works as it should, starting immediately and never ending.

Is there a fix for this, or there something I have not done ?

Michael

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Salemaker problem in 1.5.5d

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeondraco View Post
    Hi,

have just set up a sale using Salemaker and have come across a bug/issue. If you try and enter anything in the start or end date fields, it defaults to a date sometime in 2036 in both fields regardless, and consequently no sale can be started. If the fields are left blank, then it works as it should, starting immediately and never ending.

Is there a fix for this, or there something I have not done ?

Michael
    Tough to say why that is occurring on the site it is. I wasn't able to reproduce the issue with a relatively vanilla install. (at least one that doesn't have any modifications to the salemaker system.)

So, please if you could, provide all of the information asked of the posting tips so that assistance (rather than all out guesses) can be offered.

Posting tips are displayed above the message box when reply or reply quote is selected or when writing a new post.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

hard to imagine it is a bug.... more than likely a plugin or probably a javascript loading problem.

from what i can tell on a v155 install, the admin makes use of spiffcal for calendars which is javascript dependent.

are you getting any console errors when using the web development tools?

these can be a little tricky to track down.

good luck.
    author of square Webpay.
    mxWorks has premium plugins. donations: venmo or paypal accepted.
    premium consistent excellent support. available for hire.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Hi,

When it flips to a 2036 date it's usually because it's just unable to interpret the date data in the field so just shows the max generic value. Basically a 2036 date means you've got an invalid date in that database field. Often that's just because it's in an invalid format.

1. Try using US-formatted dates: MM-DD-YY or MM-DD-YYYY or the format MySQL most prefers: YYYY-MM-DD

2. If that doesn't work, please go to Admin->Tools->Server Info and post the version info in the top of the page and down to and including the details about your Zen Cart version history. I'm mostly interested in the MySQL version and the MySQL "mode" details, but the other info can be helpful too.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks all, that was an interesting one. I have set up the date field formats in 1.5.5d for UK use (i.e dd/mm/yyyy) and the drop-down calendars in SaleMaker entered selected dates into the fields in that format, so I expected it to work. However, at DrByte's suggestion above, I modified those selected dates to mm/dd/yyyy format and it worked.

Thanks again all .. Michael