Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Qty box + Add to cart button on each product

Hi,

I am running a organic farming market (graenihlekkurinn.is/verslun).

Each customer orders many different products each time they order. I would like them to be able to choose how many of each product they buy and press the add to cart/buy now button at each product instead of having to scroll all the way up or down.

Is this possible through the admin section. I have been playing around with the product listing settings but only been able to have either a "add to cart" button, or qty box with the "add to cart" at the top or bottom of the list.

I would like to be able to do this since some categories have alot of products and the button is then not very visible.

Cheers,
    Gunnar

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Qty box + Add to cart button on each product

Unable to see the problem because your site is down for maintenance, but from the partial description of the issue, it sounds like when looking at a list of product within a category what you would like to have is an add-to-cart button for each product with the quantity box adjacent to it rather than the quantity box and an add selected product to the cart button where the add selected product button(s) are at the top, the bottom, or both. Is that correct?

As a side note, it appears that you selected that you are using ZC 1.3.7 which is a really old version of ZC. While more recent versions don't specifically address the issue at hand, they do address a number of likely security issues and when your host updates the php version available for operation that your site will be able to remain functional.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Yes, that is correct. Qty box + add to cart by each product.

The version of Zen cart is another issue that is being worked on. Thank you :)
    Last edited by Gonzon; 31 Jan 2017 at 12:59 PM. Reason: clarification

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Gonzon View Post
    Yes, that is correct. Qty box + add to cart by each product.

The version of Zen cart is another issue that is being worked on. Thank you :)
    Been a while since I've looked at how it operates/what it presents, but a while ago I created/added the code necessary to do something similar to this and uploaded it as a plugin. I haven't gone back to more recent ZC versions to see what differences if any need to be incorporated, but and it's not an exact fix, if you take a look at this plugin: https://www.zen-cart.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1811 from the writeup, it doesn't offer 100% of what you are wanting, but if nothing else offers a way that it could be added.

That said, another thing to consider is your usage of say the buy now option. If you have no need to specifically offer that as provided in the base install then it may be possible to modify it's operation to include the quantity box rather than the base quantity that it offers. I know I've seen the solution, the question is where is it.

Plugin Contributions

Another non-code method to resolve this is to reduce the number of product on a page. Therefore there is less/no scrolling to top or bottom after entering the desired quantity. It could mean going through more pages though which is more clicks, which is/can be a deterrent.

Plugin Contributions

thanks guys,

I somehow managed to get this going by replacing one of the tpl_ files for the original one. Now i just have a problem with the "add to cart" button redirecting me to the product info site.

exactly the same problem as desribed here https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....-to-cart/page3

Only the solution on page 3 does not do the trick.

Plugin Contributions

Part of that is that the version of ZC that you're using is two full versions (and several minor versions) behind the proposed solution. There are likely other pieces and parts not in your current setup that are covered in the solution that was proposed to ZC 1.3.9h...

Plugin Contributions

Figured that could be the issue. Problem with upgrading is when the site was setup originally alot of changes where made to the core files. If I upgrade i am afraid i will brake the whole thing :/

Any idea if there is a solution to the problem on my version or do i just live with it?

Plugin Contributions

So there likely is, but I'm not at all near my resources to be able to do the three way comparison I might suggest. A clean version of ZC 1.3.7 (available from the main page of this site), your site's files (copy of course), and a version similar to what was discussed in the above thread...

As to the core changes, well, might be surprised to find out that possibly the changes got incorporated to the newer core files just because of "group" need. Most find that the changes may no longer be necessary as well once they upgrade. Just depends on the overall need.

If the changes were all about "text" then, well, there's the override system that works pretty well in the majority of things.

Plugin Contributions

Brilliant. I will go back to only "buy now" button without Qty box and then i will start looking harder at the upgrade path.

Will probably come crying back here in not so long but thats for another time.

Cheers guys and thanks for the help.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast