Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Link to "please visit this product's webpage" not working

Hi,

I just realized on my website www.E m b r o i d e r y P o r t r a i t s.com the shortcuts to every product's webpage go to the ZenCart home page: https://www.e m b r o i d e r y p o r t r a i t s.com/Gifts/
    All worked fine until recently.
    Example: This shortcut supposed to go to the patch on the Basset Hund page:

<!--bof Product URL -->
    <p id="productInfoLink" class="productGeneral centeredContent">For more information, please visit this product's <a href="http://www.e m b r o i d e r y p o r t r a i t s.com/Gifts/index.php?main_page=redirect&amp;action=url&amp;goto=www.e m b r o I d e r y p o r t r a I t s.com%2FGifts_Dogs%2FBasset_Hound.html%23Patch" target="_blank">webpage</a>.</p>
    <!--eof Product URL -->

If I check the shortcut in the admin, it is working properly, but not on the life site.

I use the exact same setup on my other Website V o d m o c h k a.com and the shortcuts are working there properly.
    I think something get corrupted in ZenCart, or I changed something I don't remember.

Can you help me figure out what I going on?
    Thank you,

Website info:
    ZenCart Version 1.5.5a
    Server OS: Linux 2.6.32-673.26.1.lve1.4.18.el6.x86_64
    PHP Version: 5.3.29 (Zend: 2.3.0)
    Database: MySQL 5.5.52-cll-lve
    Our New Zen cart: www.EmbroideryPortraits.com/Gifts/
    www.vodmochka.com/Embroidery_Designs
    All critics and suggestions are welcome!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Item Page: please visit this product's webpage not working

Quote Originally Posted by PortraitArtist View Post

<!--bof Product URL -->
    <p id="productInfoLink" class="productGeneral centeredContent">For more information, please visit this product's <a href="http://www.e m b r o i d e r y p o r t r a i t s.com/Gifts/index.php?main_page=redirect&amp;action=url&amp;goto=www.e m b r o I d e r y p o r t r a I t s.com%2FGifts_Dogs%2FBasset_Hound.html%23Patch" target="_blank">webpage</a>.</p>
    <!--eof Product URL -->
    This URL looks a bit of a "dog's breakfast". Particularly the %2F and %23 - which suggests you have "forbidden" characters in your page HTML name.

URL's must not have spaces. http://www.w3schools.com/tags/ref_urlencode.asp

What are you inputting into the admin for the URL to this web page?

And what is the URL to the web-page (ie: if I wanted to go there now, without going to your website?
    Last edited by schoolboy; 1 Feb 2017 at 08:13 AM.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

If you name all your URL's correctly (re-name the page - eg: xxxxxxxx.html) you should be able to fix the problem. It will require all page names to be corrected and re-input in your product input fields.

It could also be a SANITSE issue.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Was this a fresh install or an upgrade?

The reason that I ask is that the Zen Cart handling of the product's URL was changed in v1.5.3, so the code that looks like:
    Code:
    <?php echo sprintf(TEXT_MORE_INFORMATION, zen_href_link(FILENAME_REDIRECT, 'action=url&goto=' . urlencode($products_url), 'NONSSL', true, false)); ?>
    is no longer honored (and clicking such a link will result in a home-page redisplay). You'll need to update your template's use of the product's URL field to look something like:
    Code:
    <?php echo sprintf(TEXT_MORE_INFORMATION, zen_href_link(FILENAME_REDIRECT, 'action=product&products_id=' . zen_output_string_protected($_GET['products_id']), 'NONSSL', true, false)); ?>
    The code fragments above are used in /includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_product_info_display.php and possibly others.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Schoolboy,

Thank you for your help.
    I have different items on the redirected page (hats, shirts, bags, patches, etc...) and the shortcut goes directly to that particular item. I have these shortcuts for a long time and each was working fine.

I clean installed v1.5.5a on both of our websites and I thought I did both the same way.
    It looks like I did something different because even if I have the webpage shortcuts written the same way on both of websites, still they come out differently on the live site.

Here is the shortcut I have on the item page in zenCart admin on the website that DO NOT WORK:
    www.e m b r o I d e r y p o r t r a I t s.com/Gifts_Dogs/Basset_Hound.html#Patch

Here is how the same shortcut looks on the live site when I look the source code:
    <!--bof Product URL -->
    <p id="productInfoLink" class="productGeneral centeredContent">For more information, please visit this product's <a href="http://www.e m b r o i d e r y p o r t r a i t s.com/Gifts/index.php?main_page=redirect&amp;action=url&amp;goto=www.e m b r o i d e r y p o r t r a i t s.com%2FGifts_Dogs%2FBasset_Hound.html%23Patch&amp;zenid=46443142c6fa8a127f5689b 31a6534e2" target="_blank">webpage</a>.</p>
    <!--eof Product URL -->

Here is what I have on the item page in zenCart admin on the website that DO WORK:
    www.v o d m o c h k a.com/Designs/Dogs/Belgian_Malinois.html#Portrait2

Here is how the same shortcut looks on the live site when I look at the source code:
    <!--bof Product URL -->
    <p id="productInfoLink" class="productGeneral centeredContent">For more information, please visit this product's <a href="http://www.v o d m o c h k a.com/Embroidery_Designs/index.php?main_page=redirect&amp;action=product&amp;products_id=157" target="_blank">webpage</a>.</p>
    <!--eof Product URL -->

I hope you can figure out what did I do differently, so I can correct it.

Thank you for your time.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Schoolboy,

Thank you for your help.
    I have different items on the redirected page (hats, shirts, bags, patches, etc...) and the shortcut goes directly to that particular item. I have these shortcuts for a long time and each was working fine.

I clean installed v1.5.5a on both of our websites and I thought I did both the same way.
    It looks like I did something different because even if I have the webpage shortcuts written the same way on both of websites, still they come out differently on the live site.

Here is the shortcut I have on the item page in zenCart admin on the website that DO NOT WORK:
    www.e m b r o I d e r y p o r t r a I t s.com/Gifts_Dogs/Basset_Hound.html#Patch

Here is how the same shortcut looks on the live site when I look the source code:
    <!--bof Product URL -->
    <p id="productInfoLink" class="productGeneral centeredContent">For more information, please visit this product's <a href="http://www.e m b r o i d e r y p o r t r a i t s.com/Gifts/index.php?main_page=redirect&action=url&goto=www.e m b r o i d e r y p o r t r a i t s.com%2FGifts_Dogs%2FBasset_Hound.html%23Patch&zenid=46443142c6fa8a127f5689b31a6534e2" target="_blank">webpage</a>.</p>
    <!--eof Product URL -->

Here is what I have on the item page in zenCart admin on the website that DO WORK:
    www.v o d m o c h k a.com/Designs/Dogs/Belgian_Malinois.html#Portrait2

Here is how the same shortcut looks on the live site when I look at the source code:
    <!--bof Product URL -->
    <p id="productInfoLink" class="productGeneral centeredContent">For more information, please visit this product's <a href="http://www.v o d m o c h k a.com/Embroidery_Designs/index.php?main_page=redirect&action=product&products_id=157" target="_blank">webpage</a>.</p>
    <!--eof Product URL -->

I hope you can figure out what did I do differently, so I can correct it.

Thank you for your time.
    You'll need to update your tpl_product_info_display.php for the first site to use the "correct" form of the redirect page for 1.5.5, like is present in the second site.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    You'll need to update your tpl_product_info_display.php for the first site to use the "correct" form of the redirect page for 1.5.5, like is present in the second site.

For the OP, See post 4 of this thread.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the help.

I just deleted the file on my template and just use the default template and it works perfectly.
    Thank you again for all to take time to look into it.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for the help.

I just deleted the file on my template and just use the default template and it works perfectly.
    Thank you again for all to take time to look into it.
    May have "restored" functionality of that feature, but hope you understand that by doing that, any other plugins or code modifications that were made to improve the look of your site for that page are now lost (but likely could be recovered depending on how you "deleted" the file or if your host offers restoration of backups).

Of course on the flip side, it appears that the template file(s) haven't been updated to reflect current coding, so may actually be for the better anyways. Suggestion would be to compare your template override files to the base/default version of the same to incorporate the code improvements that have been made and maintain whatever unique look/operation was built into the template.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    May have "restored" functionality of that feature, but hope you understand that by doing that, any other plugins or code modifications that were made to improve the look of your site for that page are now lost (but likely could be recovered depending on how you "deleted" the file or if your host offers restoration of backups).

Of course on the flip side, it appears that the template file(s) haven't been updated to reflect current coding, so may actually be for the better anyways. Suggestion would be to compare your template override files to the base/default version of the same to incorporate the code improvements that have been made and maintain whatever unique look/operation was built into the template.
    Thank you for the warning.
    I checked the previous version files (1.5.1) - I still have on my computer - with WinMerge and find that the additional images show up on the bottom of the page on the default template and I changed it to show up above the attributes.
    I made the same changes on the current template and now it is working great.

Thank you again for the time and attention my posts received.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast