Plugin Contributions

Default How can I create an iCredit payment module?

Hi,
    I want to accept credit cards in my site but not through Paypal.
    The company (iCredit) that gives me this service does not have ready module for Zen Cart.
    They gave me the API details and I need to connect my site to them.
    Is there any ready module like Paypal in Zen Cart so I only need to put in the details ?
    Like paypal, the customer will be forward to the company's secure page and after the payment the customer should returns
    to my Zen Cart store.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How can I create an iCredit payment module?

There are "examples" of how this process works for different payment processors, and while many may be similar, there are also a lot of differences pretty much because the various APIs are so different. Not sure that there currently is such a "handler" to take any old payment processor's method and apply it to the store other than the payment class structure provided in ZC and the various access points throughout the checkout process...

That said, you would want to find a sample set of code that at least partially operates as expected by your new proposed processor.

For example, WePay offers a way for the customer to go "off-site" but within the current browser once the customer has selected the payment option of WePay and on the way to checkout_confirmation. Meaning customer payment data is collected before the confirmation page. Then once the confirmation is accepted, the payment is actually processed and the checkout_success page is loaded. It's been a while since I looked at why that is, but I believe it has to do with how/when it returns back to ZC and that without incorporating some sort of additional parameters or other in site checks, that order of operations is easily supported.

This is in contrast to at least PayPal express where payment information can be collected after the checkout_confirmation page has been selected. There is also what is it payez that has been added to ZC 1.5.5? It has a process flow, but also understand that some of these things have been built with a great deal of consideration and idea of full/broad capability.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks MC,
    Thought (hoped) there is a simple Zen Cart module to enter the numbers...

The iCredit company made modules for other Carts. Maybe you could tell me which is the most similar to
    Zen Cart and I will ask the company to send me the module.
    Please have a look at the available modules for other carts here: https://icredit.rivhit.co.il/plugins
    You could not see in this link the plugin, just the carts they have made the module for.
    Then, I would ask them to send me the plugin.

Plugin Contributions

Would it be OK if I put those names here?

Plugin Contributions

So, I think the image(s) already posted at the link given are enough, but I don't exactly see what the problem would be. A moderator could remove them if later deemed an issue (or might get filtered just because.)

That said and while not on this thread, I saw a post by RodG recently that described the current situation. There is a bunch of code available, but it's not yet put together to offer the final feature(s). Sure, obtaining a copy of the code for one (or more) of the other platforms might offer some assistance, but may also require researching how that particular store operates/implements the code/API. There are payment modules available in the ZC code, some more robust/structured than others, but they too tend to have come from an API of some sort as well.

I mean maybe OpenCart? I thought it was one that also had their code available via github so that you could install and see how it all operates, but.. There are a lot of factors that go into the "ability" to make it all happen, but plenty of open source code out there as well from which to gain understanding and begin/continue implementing.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks MC,
    I thought that there is a basic module for Zen Cart that Zenners could put the basic details inside like Paypal module.
    Did not think that each Credit Card company needs her special codes.
    Will continue to search how this could be done. thanks.

Plugin Contributions

So there is the payment class: includes/classes/payment.php which provides functions at which the specific payment module can insert/incorporate code, but the internals of each of those functions is dependent on what is needed by and for each payment module. Then of course the module itself can have additional functions within it that are internally called (or called from outside of it, but either way the code needs to be independently written). So yes, there is a sort of "structure" available but one should also look at how/when each of those functions are called (preferably without modification of either the main site operation or that of the payment class to provide the desired/needed effect.)

Then, as in the case of say PayPal express in context, there may need to be application of additional javascript code which could either be loaded internal to the payment module or has to be applied either on a page-by-page basis or globally depending on the site's setup for payment and the needs of the module.

So, development of the payment module requires understanding what is needed when and then as well, when and where does ZC offer the opportunity of that code to be processed with the gaps between the two filled in by alternate means.

Be sure though to consider the myriad of paths that a site visitor could take, sure there is the straight forward approach of cart to payment, but what if they return to the store, change cart contents, decide on another payment type but then again return to change it, cancel paying from the payment service, aren't logged in, etc... my suggestion is deal with the straight forward first and go from there.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks MC
    Exactly what I was needed
    I will go over it and see if could understand it...
    or find a Credit Card company that will make the adjustment by herself...