Plugin Contributions

Default 'add to cart' button won't switch off - Sheffield Blue Responsive template

I'm running Zencart v1.5.5d with a Sheffield Blue Responsive template on PHP v5.4.45.

I'm trying to switch off the 'add to cart' button (called 'buy now' on my site), on all my product listings as it makes the product boxes too big.
    In my admin I've got the 'Display Product add to cart button' set to '0', but it still displays. Can someone advise how I can switch this off, take make my product boxes more compact?

Thanks a lot!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 'add to cart' button won't switch off - Sheffield Blue Responsive template

What is your setting for configuration->product listing->Display Product Add to Cart Button (0=off; 1=on; 2=on with Qty Box per Product)?

And as a side note, from your product page, how is the product then added to the cart if that button is disabled?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: 'add to cart' button won't switch off - Sheffield Blue Responsive template

The setting is '0'. I don't want this button to appear on the category listing pages, only on the specific product page (once you click on it)

Plugin Contributions

So I just tried setting the value as I suggested on a default ZC store and a button was still shown, but wasn't a buy now button (instead a more info button and the product don't have attributes).

So... would say you have two options. Either can apply css to modify the size/look of the button(s) or can code it out.

To correct the sizing, I would suggest to go to the thread for the template, otherwise if truly wanting to remove the possibility of any button or maybe only the more info... when no attributes are present, then seems like it could be addressed anywhere "appropriate" in the forum.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by ttfan View Post
    The setting is '0'. I don't want this button to appear on the category listing pages, only on the specific product page (once you click on it)
    Maybe you don't like an "add to cart" button on the listings page... but do you know if your CUSTOMERS like it being there?

Adding extra clicks has significant potential for site abandonment. People like things to be quick and easy. You could lose sales.

Rather make the button smaller with CSS.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    Maybe you don't like an "add to cart" button on the listings page... but do you know if your CUSTOMERS like it being there?

Adding extra clicks has significant potential for site abandonment. People like things to be quick and easy. You could lose sales.

Rather make the button smaller with CSS.
    I take your point, but in this case there are no extra clicks, because when you click on the 'add to cart' button it does not yet add it to the cart, but it just takes you to the product listing, so that you can select attributes and actually add it to the cart. So since you need to go the product listing anyway, you can do this by clicking on the title or picture, another button with the same link does not make it any easier, and takes up valuable space.

Plugin Contributions

Point being that there is a can do, and know to do aspect to which schoolboy is referring.

You could also replace the image that is called there with something that is like a 1x1 pixel size image, though that should also be reviewed to determine impact on the remainder of the site.