Plugin Contributions

Default Possible Holdover in E-mail Problems

RE: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....er-not-showing

The above thread mentions problems finding out the location to define the header image, alt text, and title. The OP was correctly sent to the cart or admin's includes/languages/english/email_extras.php.

Having both the files in place and correctly modified to reflect our header file, size, alt text, and title; you can imagine my shock when none of this was followed in a newsletter.

As per the OP, I started looking with the Developer's Tool Kit to find the define. None could be found which led me to the above post. Yes, I did have the files in the correct location. Yes, I did have the changes needed to match my store.

The problem is this in a standard download of the latest 156c:

email_extras.php uses the following variables:
    • EMAIL_LOGO_FILENAME
    • EMAIL_LOGO_WIDTH
    • EMAIL_LOGO_HEIGHT
    • EMAIL_LOGO_ALT_TITLE_TEXT

email_template_newsletter.html uses:

• EMAIL_LOGO_FILE
    • EMAIL_LOGO_WIDTH
    • EMAIL_LOGO_HEIGHT
    • EMAIL_LOGO_ALT_TEXT

Further examination reveals that ALL html files for emails use the same variables as the newsletter.

Are there any problems that would occur if the email_extras.php were changed to reflect the variables used in the emails? Seems the quickest solution.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Possible Holdover in E-mail Problems

Noting that the 'names' of those variables in the admin/storefront language files are 'translated' into the email template's block-names within the zen_mail function:
    Code:
        // Handle logo image
        if (empty($block['EMAIL_LOGO_FILE'])) {
            $domain = (IS_ADMIN_FLAG === true) ? HTTP_CATALOG_SERVER : HTTP_SERVER;
            $block['EMAIL_LOGO_FILE'] = $domain . DIR_WS_CATALOG . 'email/' . EMAIL_LOGO_FILENAME;
        }
        if (!isset ($block['EMAIL_LOGO_ALT_TEXT']) || $block['EMAIL_LOGO_ALT_TEXT'] == '') $block['EMAIL_LOGO_ALT_TEXT'] = EMAIL_LOGO_ALT_TITLE_TEXT;
        if (!isset ($block['EMAIL_LOGO_WIDTH']) || $block['EMAIL_LOGO_WIDTH'] == '') $block['EMAIL_LOGO_WIDTH'] = EMAIL_LOGO_WIDTH;
        if (!isset ($block['EMAIL_LOGO_HEIGHT']) || $block['EMAIL_LOGO_HEIGHT'] == '') $block['EMAIL_LOGO_HEIGHT'] = EMAIL_LOGO_HEIGHT;
    That said, changing those constants' names in the language files would not be a good thing.