Plugin Contributions

Default Style sheet help, plus...

I am really hoping someone can help me. I took over an IT role which the old person has been developing everything using Zen-Cart and I have zero experience with it, although been a programmer for years. So I should be able to figure it out, right..NOT. So I am trying to finish off a site he was working on to release as soon as possible. But, I am having a couple issues.
    1st. The banner-3 (Americana banner) needs center alignment and I cannot find where it is called into action for me to just it.
    2nd. I want to remove the Currencies and drop down, and the flag in the top right corner. I turned them off, but they are still there.

I think for the most part I am making my way around pretty well, but it is definitely a new thing for me and any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I am currently using theme828, and the URL is http://justrightboots.com/jrbootstore/

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Style sheet help, plus...

Welcome to the Zen Cart community!

You've inherited a world-of-hurt with that template-monster template (just so you know); they have a tendency to carve the heck out of the the as-shipped Zen Cart layout.

Now, to your questions:

1. To center that banner, see your template's stylesheet_tm.css, line 732, and remove the "float: left;" directive.
    2. See my lead-in comment. What configuration item are you turning off? The currency/language in the header is going to be pulled in by your template's /common/tpl_header.php processing.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for responding so quick. I have gone in and removed the "float:left", not only for line 732 (.banners2 div), but also at line 802 (.banners3 div), yet no changes. As far as the other goes, I vaguely remember someone saying if you remove code for the currency and flag it will mess up the entire page formatting. Is there a way to just comment it out, or anything else. I do not want a currency selector and a GB Flag on that website. Nothing against GB, I love it there, but our company is located in Texas.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you want a US icon, you can replace it. The file is at /includes/languages/english/images/icon.gif

In a non-templateMonster template, you can normally turn on/off the currency-selector and language-selector from Admin->Tools->Layout Boxes Controller. Keep in mind that that screen is designed to handle "sideboxes", not "header boxes", so it's possible that TemplateMonster left out the control logic that allows switching on/off, and just dropped in a block of unswitchable HTML to force those dialogs into the header or wherever. (As others have indicated, they have a habit of not playing well with others.) But that should give you a sense of where some of those controls are normally found.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.