Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default My v155d stalls on creating database at 99%

[Note: remember to include site URL, ZC version, list of plugins, PHP version, etc ... read the Posting Tips shown above for information to include in your post here. And, remove this comment before actually posting!]

I'm trying a clean install on a GoDaddy Linux server, running MySQL version 5.5.

No issues connecting to database, or changing permissions on the files. I went through the install package, and the forum posts to make sure i had changed all the directories that need read / write access.

I created a blank database, and am able to connect without issue. Run install from zc_install.php and starts creating database-- but bombs out at 99%. I have taken out files and retried... same result.

Even deleted database and started with a fresh database... nope still stops at 99% and won't let me continue.

Ideas?
    Thanks in advance...

MK

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: v155d stalls on creating database at 99%

I checked the files and on the server there are 96 tables 1531 records.

Plugin Contributions

I suggest contacting your Hoster for support on this. They can watch on the server in real-time to find out exactly what the problem is.

Also, your FTP program would have used default server permissions which Zen Cart can work with without problem. I'm not sure why you felt the need to be changing any permissions.

Plugin Contributions

May I suggest looking through the below similar threads? There may still be some questions that were asked that when answered could help either identify the issue or the solution...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

I have had the same issue several times but only on a local install.
    Dropping all the tables, deleting the configure.phps and trying again has always worked for me.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Sorry if that was unclear... changed the permissions on the files as instructed in the install packet to 777.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks-- I have actually searched and read through these for quite a while before posting. Could only find one similar post on this version, but did read these. I am actually trying to find my own solution. Although I'm actually "new Zenner" have been on zencart since 2009. I just typically find solutions without posting.
    Last edited by marykpfist; 13 Feb 2017 at 12:38 PM.

Plugin Contributions

This has been my method thus far. I even went back and tried 5.5c instead, to see if I could make that work. (Which I could..) I will delete tables and try again. Thus far on try 6. At least I know I'm not crazy.

Plugin Contributions

[QUOTE=Website Rob;1326083]I suggest contacting your Hoster for support on this. They can watch on the server in real-time to find out exactly what the problem is.
    Thanks. Since real work won't allow me to do this until after-- I'll try contacting them tonight. Maybe they can catch it. The tables it has installed look fine- but there is definitely something I'm missing. I will relook at all my steps-- but feel at the moment like I've done this many times.

Plugin Contributions

Apologize for multiple replies--

Just wanted to say thanks for those that tried to help. I'm going to delete the database (again) reload the Zencart files fresh, remove the store files from my server and start clean.

Need a break from it for a bit. Maybe after work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast