Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Structured Data Markup for Schema, Facebook Open Graph, Twitter...

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    Hi,
    since no-one else reports the issues you are having/has found the need to change the code, I assume you have something different from usual in place on your site.
    I suggest you use the version from my Github then post back with your results.
    I just removed super data, the files, the hard code changes and removed uninstalled the sql.

Got the latest Structured data markup and installed per the instructions. Installation was easy.

Enabled the plugin, all is good. But I did get the following errors:

warningpriceCurrency

The priceCurrency field is recommended. Please provide a value if available.
    warningpriceValidUntil

The priceValidUntil field is recommended. Please provide a value if available.
    warningurl

The url field is recommended. Please provide a value if available.
    warningaggregateRating

The aggregateRating field is recommended. Please provide a value if available.
    warningbrand

The brand field is recommended. Please provide a value if available.
    warningimage

The image field is recommended. Please provide a value if available.
    warningreview

The review field is recommended. Please provide a value if available.
    warningsku

The sku field is recommended. Please provide a value if available.
    warning

This Product is missing a global identifier (e.g. isbn, mpn or gtin8). Please see documentation for valid identifiers.

If I enable the schema markup, I get product listed twice. One with 2 errors, the other with 9 errors.

The one with two errors is not problem. It refers to reviews.
    The second product error has the following errors. The same as listed above:
    warningpriceCurrency

The priceCurrency field is recommended. Please provide a value if available.
    warningpriceValidUntil

The priceValidUntil field is recommended. Please provide a value if available.
    warningurl

The url field is recommended. Please provide a value if available.
    warningaggregateRating

The aggregateRating field is recommended. Please provide a value if available.
    warningbrand

The brand field is recommended. Please provide a value if available.
    warningimage

The image field is recommended. Please provide a value if available.
    warningreview

The review field is recommended. Please provide a value if available.
    warningsku

The sku field is recommended. Please provide a value if available.
    warning

This Product is missing a global identifier (e.g. isbn, mpn or gtin8). Please see documentation for valid identifiers.

Here is a link I tested:
    https://bestfarmparts.com/David-Brow...?cPath=65_356&
    Last edited by Speak394; 18 Nov 2019 at 11:59 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Ok, I think I have found the culprit. Numinix Structured Data. Now I just have to figure out how to remove it.

Plugin Contributions

Got it. Now all works like it should.

Plugin Contributions

Good to know!
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

It appears the plugin is still missing field for "aggregateRating" and "review" as recommended by Google. I uploaded the most recent version (from Feb 11, 2020)

Plugin Contributions

Note, it does not offer data for those fields if the product does not have reviews. If the product does have reviews and they are not being produced, please provide a link.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Most of our products do NOT have reviews (so wouldn't output a result - as you say) yet Google Web Master Tools lists not having a review field or aggregateRating field as a "Warning". Shouldn't the plugin output something showing the field but with a blank content so the warning doesn't happen?

Plugin Contributions

Shouldn't the plugin output something showing the field but with a blank content so the warning doesn't happen?
    No, if it does that you get an Error instead of a Warning. The tool is unprecise, it should be a recommendation, not a warning.
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    No, if it does that you get an Error instead of a Warning. The tool is unprecise, it should be a recommendation, not a warning.
    The only way to get around this is to make sure your products have reviews :-) Then your errors will go away
    Nick Smith - Venture Design and Print
    https://venturedesignandprint.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I am rolling out this great Structured Data plugin, understanding that I may have to add several things myself later. Thank you very very much.
    https://www.proteawines.jp/shop/
    ZC 1.5.6c, latest Structured Data release (and image handler).
    It works pretty nicely, after some trial and error, fantastic.

I do have a few questions:

1. Is the plugin multilingual? It does not appear to offer different language options, so I am entering the main configuration parameters in English for now. I noticed if I enter street address, city, country in Japanese (UTF-8) the JSON includes UTF-8 codepoints instead of actual UTF-8 glyphs.

2. I do not understand the relationship between website language (English, Japanese) and schema, and OpenGraph. Ideally is the information intended to be different for each language of the website? Or common?

3. I presume one does not need any re-writer for the product URLs. Facebook, Twitter, Google work fine with the main page, but for product pages with the standard Zen Cart query strings, Twitter and Google work fine, but Facebook's debugger simply says "URL returned a bad HTTP response code." (a 404 code). Some research turned up that Facebook uses IPv6, but the FB debugger clearly works for the main page, so I am stumped. I did try escaping the query string, no change.
    Zen Cart 1.5.6c modified to support Japanese language (postage module support work in progress). Upgraded incrementally each version from initial 1.5.5d.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast