Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Structured Data Markup for Schema, Facebook Open Graph, Twitter...

Generic answer for open source code:
    Can your plugin...
    The answer is always yes...but whether someone adds functionality to code depends on time, interest, ability, cost etc.
    I cannot justify the time to look at expanding functionality at the moment, I am always firefighting other stuff in the real world, that's why the code is on is on Github, for others who need something, to spend their time adding what they want/need.

As I did this code ages ago, I remember nothing much and can only repeat that I started out with the Super Data code, and as I always do with every "plugin" I use, I improve it as I see fit, but went so far as to make it very different from the original. I would assume that it is better, in that I spent a lot of time testing with the tools for the various output schemas nitpicking the output.
    If Super Data has not been updated, then yes this one is better I am sure.
    As stated in the readme, there are many variations on the schema output appropriate to different business so some customisation and code modification is totally necessary, it is not just install and forget: check the output in all the tools.

When 156 gets released I will be in ZC mode for a while and and will be reviewing this as part of the usual spring clean+update., but for now I am up to my neck in another project.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Hi there!
    I am very happy with your "Structured Data Markup for Schema" but there are ERROS with the html-validation:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	98.6 KB 
ID:	18278
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	18279

I did not find any info/solution for this problem - any idea?!?!
    Greetings :)

PS: Here is a link to our shop/product --> https://www.cannapot.com/shop/cannab...reg_seeds.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	3.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	18280   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	80 
Size:	40.1 KB 
ID:	18281  
    Last edited by cp02; 18 Jan 2019 at 04:38 PM.

Plugin Contributions

meta tags are supposed to be in the head section of the page, not sure why yours are at the bottom of the page in the body section.

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

quite right, that's your problem:
    meta tags are supposed to be in the head section of the page
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

HI!
    Yes ok - but how can I bring this into the head-section?
    :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by cp02 View Post
    HI!
    HI!
    Hi again!
    No idea? I installed it as it is written - do I maybe need to add a special "JSCRIP Load-Instruction" in template/common/htmlheader.php ???
    Greetings, hopefully you can help me :)

Plugin Contributions

You are using the css/js minifier, which in the newer versions loads all java script files at the bottom of the page. As you discovered, this is not always a good thing. YOu need to edit your code, so it does not load the jscript_plugin_structured_data.php file in the footer.
    Hi again!
    No idea? I installed it as it is written - do I maybe need to add a special "JSCRIP Load-Instruction" in template/common/htmlheader.php ???
    Greetings, hopefully you can help me :)

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Design75 View Post
    You are using the css/js minifier, which in the newer versions loads all java script files at the bottom of the page. As you discovered, this is not always a good thing. YOu need to edit your code, so it does not load the jscript_plugin_structured_data.php file in the footer.
    Thanks a lot for your feedback - ok, I thought bout that - so just like that? I put the code into the header of file "html_header.php" ?!?

<?php require($template->get_template_dir('jscript_plugin_structured_data.php',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'templates'). '/jscript_plugin_structured_data.php'); ?>

or should I use something like this?

<script src="<?php echo $template->get_template_dir('',DIR_WS_TEMPLATE, $current_page_base,'jscript') . '/jscript_plugin_structured_data.php' ?>" type="text/javascript"></script>

And if I do it, the minifier does not fetch it after because it is already used it the head-section...am I right with this?
    Once again, thanks a lot for your answere, very helpful for me :)

Plugin Contributions

Since I have moved the general jscript calls manually to the footer, this is exactly what I have in my html_header.php

Code:
    <?php //steve structured data - contains meta tags for facebook so has to still be in the head
    include (DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . $template_dir . '/jscript/plugin_structured_data.php');
    ?>
    Note the script is not named "jscript..." to stop it being auto-loaded in the footer with all the other scripts that are named "jscript...".
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    Since I have moved the general jscript calls manually to the footer, this is exactly what I have in my html_header.php

Code:
    <?php //steve structured data - contains meta tags for facebook so has to still be in the head
    include (DIR_WS_TEMPLATES . $template_dir . '/jscript/plugin_structured_data.php');
    ?>
    Note the script is not named "jscript..." to stop it being auto-loaded in the footer with all the other scripts that are named "jscript...".
    Damn GREAT - it worked - many many thanks!!! I am happy now :)
    i did the same but did NOT delete 'jscript'plugin_structured_data.php ... without jscript everything is fine!

once again - THANKS a LOT!!!

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast