Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Structured Data Markup for Schema, Facebook Open Graph, Twitter...

Thanks,
    Works as expected.

Plugin Contributions

I posted this in one of the forums, since we're using the Structured Data plugin I'm hoping to hear other's people's experiences; we're running on 1.5.6 and are upgrading to 1.5.7.

Our site is trackreadyproducts.com We've integrated with Facebook by creating a product catalog on their site and have added this superb plugin to pump product metadata to FB. We're now running ads on FB and Instagram. This is not a complaint about the plugin, it's working, my questions relate to the Facebook side of things.

As you know there are three ways to add your products to a catalog in Facebook, 1) type them in manually, b) import a CSV or 3) implement their pixel in the ZC product page. We've done #3 and according to FB, the pixel fires any time anyone clicks on a item, adds it to the cart, etc. and it's this action that uploads a product to the FB catalog. Reading the FB documentation, the FB pixel is supposed to synchronize a) new items from our website to the catalog, b) any product changes (e.g. description, price, etc) from our website and c) discontinued products.

Here's the issue - this works...sometimes, but not all the time. My question is for anyone who is doing the same, creating a product catalog on FB that's linked to a Zen Cart site. We have approx 1000 products but many are seat bases (649) and steering wheel adapters (111) so that leaves around 240 products that people are likely to click on. Oddly only about 67 have uploaded to FB over the past few weeks even though the other items are in stock. (Yes we have clicked on a variety of items and have even added them to the shopping cart.) Once in a great while a product that no one has clicked on will mysteriously upload itself to the FB catalog.

It's maddening; anyone else run into this?

Plugin Contributions

Hi Steve - so does it matter if I inadvertently ran the install.sql AFTER uploading the admin and includes files?? ... it is just that I cannot get the plugin to work on one site only, it is a V1.5.5F site - the site had Super Data loaded but I ran the uninstall and removed all files.

On all my other sites it performs beautifully.

cheers, Mike

Plugin Contributions

No, there is no extra sql stuff in the files. If there is something missing in the database you should be getting debug logs.

Always use the Github version and watch it for changes.

Define "not working".
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

I need some help fixing a couple of things and/or guidance with this plugin.

It is a great mod and helping a lot with the micro data and no zen cart should be without.

I am going over my site "seo" and i am getting some errors using semrush:

__comment The property __comment is not recognized by Schema.org vocabulary.
    However, using google rich result test, it is not being seen as an error and it is populatedas follow

"__comment" : "attribute stock handling
    Hence my question, Is this an actual error or just the "seo " thing being picky?

Back to the rich result test, it shows the following:

Missing field "shippingDetails" (optional)
    Missing field "hasMerchantReturnPolicy" (optional)

Can these be added somehow? and how?

Thank you in advance for the help

Plugin Contributions

__comment was the only way I could find to include a comment in the output. You can remove it.

As to the other optional things, as always yes they can be added.
    Open an issue for each one on Github detailing exactly what data is supposed to go in there with examples or links to examples.
    If you can't code it yourself, at least make it as easy as possible for others to do so, and it may get done.
    Steve
    github.com/torvista: Spanish Language Pack, Google reCaptcha, Structured Data, Multiple Copy-Move-Delete, Image Checker, BackupMySQL Admin/Auto...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by torvista View Post
    __comment was the only way I could find to include a comment in the output. You can remove it.

As to the other optional things, as always yes they can be added.
    Open an issue for each one on Github detailing exactly what data is supposed to go in there with examples or links to examples.
    If you can't code it yourself, at least make it as easy as possible for others to do so, and it may get done.
    Thank you Tor.

I haven't been on Github in awhile but will post there for the 2 fields.

As for the__comments field, which info is it supposed to populate? It shows with a relation to attribute stock, so I am a bit confused about it.

Plugin Contributions

__comments is just that a comment that shows up in the html, it doesn't do anything.
    Steve

Plugin Contributions

ZC v1.5.8a
    Using an older version of Structured Data Markup

I'm not sure if there's a tidy way of doing this but..

I have nested define pages, i.e.

Home
    ----Define Page 1
    --------Define Page 2
    --------Define Page 3
    --------Define Page 4

I have created the appropriate breadcrumb trail by manually editing the page's header_php.php, the issue is that the structured data is now incomplete. This is the code for the Define Page 2 page, the missing elements are in red:

Code:
    <script title="Structured Data: schemaBreadcrumb" type="application/ld+json">
    {
           "@context": "https://schema.org",
              "@type": "BreadcrumbList",
    "itemListElement":
      [
        {
            "@type": "ListItem",
         "position": "1",
             "item":
           {
            "@id": "https://mydomain.com/",
           "name": "Home"
           }
        },
      {
         "position": "2",
             "item":
           {
            "@id": "https://mydomain.com/define_page_1",
           "name": "Define Page 1"
           }
        },
      {
         "position": "3",
             "item":
           {
            "@id": "https://mydomain.com/define_page_1/define_page_2",
           "name": "Define Page 2"
           }
        }
      ]
    }
    </script>
    Normally, nested pages are created using breadcrumb.php and the trail is grabbed by plugin_structured_data.php - so I can understand why my manual changes to the breadcrumb are not being picked up.

I think I can manually add some sort of PHP conditional 'if - this is - define_page_1 - then - make - @id - some value' to plugin_structured_data.php, but wonder if there's another way perhaps by changing the header_php.php breadcrumb code for define_page_2, which is currently:

Code:
    $breadcrumb->add(TITLE_DEFINE_PAGE_1, 'define_page_1');
    $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE);
    Simon

Plugin Contributions

Didn't think of it until I had typed that out, of course the simple answer is to add mydomain.com to the header_php.php code

Code:
    $breadcrumb->add(TITLE_DEFINE_PAGE_1, 'https://mydomain.com/define_page_1');
    $breadcrumb->add(NAVBAR_TITLE);
    Just have to find a way to use 'HTTP_SERVER . DIR_WS_CATALOG' instead.
    Simon

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 917181920 LastLast