Thread: Header help

Plugin Contributions

Default Header help

Ok. I have managed to get a few things corrected with some help from you guys. This should be the last thing and I will be happy. So after beating my brain and changing every setting I could find to disable the currencies I have taken notice from one of the posts and changed the css to display:none;... Well, now I have some formatting issue. On the home page and most all others the currencies drop box now shows up on the far left (with a big empty space on the far right where it was) but if you actually go to shop now, then pick a product and actually go to the product page, it finally goes away. So how am I getting a different heading file for my home vs a product page? I want it to go away all the time, so any help would be appreciated.
    http://justrightboots.com/jrbootstore/
    I am using theme828 (I have heard the horror stories behind TM)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Header help

You have found out why they call them Cascading Style Sheets. One change can cascade down through the entire site.
    While we can see the stylesheet with browser addons, often the real place for change is a php file that we have no way of seeing without access to the template files themselves.
    It may just be that you did display none to a div rather than the item it contained. Experimentation is what it's all about with the store boughts.

Plugin Contributions

The main problem is that I have put everything back to where it was and still have it stuck on the left side. I have cleaned my history in my browser as well.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by JustRight View Post
    The main problem is that I have put everything back to where it was and still have it stuck on the left side. I have cleaned my history in my browser as well.
    Sometimes, even though the browser cache has been cleared, there are other caches between the server and you that have not "caught up" to changing the file(s) back.

Part of Web page revision/modification is now to use developer tools made available by your browser. Selecting f12 from your keyboard ought to bring up a sort of Web page inspector which would/could allow you to at least see the css that is being applied which may still contain the modified statement. There are ways around this type of "versioning" issue such that the latest css would always be provided. I don't recall the exact name but it has to do with auto version numbering or something like that and was recently published by lat9. (can look at her profile and see the plugin link from there.)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

theme828/css/stylesheet_tm.css

#header .lang {
    display:none;
    visibility:hidden;

#header .currencies {
    display:none;
    visibility:hidden;

Sometimes you need a bigger hammer.