Plugin Contributions

Default Checkout Success message based on payment method / order status?

Edit: Ah, found something to read about this...

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Checkout Success message based on payment method / order status?

Quote Originally Posted by hairydog View Post
    Edit: Ah, found something to read about this...
    Please update the thread with links associated when if/get around to validating that they helped (assuming that it is Internet reachable). :)
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

As ever, searching for the subject failed, but as soon as I posted a request for help, at the bottom of the page were similar requests, including this one:

https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....Payment-Method

The only problem is that I can't get it to work. The message isn't appearing.

Plugin Contributions

So, you would need to try a purchase from "start" to finish on each attempt to get the text to appear as the expectation is that once the code has executed on the checkout_success page, the information related to that purchase is supposed to be cleared and no longer available to display (which can be problematic if trying to capture the result pushed to the source code and not the screen because some source code viewers reload the page which no longer has the data available.)

So, ideally to get help resolving your current issue of it not working, would need to provide more information: what was changed, what was added, what was removed, what is the actual result (error? Empty text) how such results were confirmed, etc...
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Sadly, it's worse than that. I'm not getting the "default" payment_instructions_message either. I can put in

<div id="checkoutSuccessMessage"><?php echo $payment_instructions_message; ?><!-- test --></div>

into the file and then I get

<div id="checkoutSuccessMessage"><!-- test --></div>

in the resulting page source

Plugin Contributions

I basically did exactly what was suggested, but there is one ambiguous entry in the instructions at
    https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....647#post425647

It isn't clear which file boxes 2 and 3 of step 2 refer to.

I may have tried the wrong places: I put the entries into
    includes/modules/checkout_process.php
    and into
    includes/modules/pages/checkout_success/header_php.php
    but neither worked.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

In v1.5.5:
    if your payment module sets a value into $_SESSION['payment_method_messages']
    then on checkout_success you can echo it out via $additional_payment_messages

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I also want this to work on 1.3.9 though there is finally a plan to move to 1.5.5d

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

v1.3.9 has code in the tpl_checkout_success_default.php template to output whatever is in $_SESSION['payment_method_messages'], so you can just have your Payment module put a message into that variable, according to whatever your custom needs are.

In v1.5.5 it was tidied up a bit so that the message is cleaned (removed from memory) after the success page is displayed, and the output moved to a different variable. But the concept is the same: just have the payment module put its message there, and it will display on checkout-success.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.