Plugin Contributions

Default Unable to send receipts and/or Status Updates

Zen Cart is up and running. However, when a customer places an order, neither they nor I (Admin) am e-mailed a copy of the order receipt. In addition, when customer is provided Status updates (Pending, Update, Shipped, Delivered) they do not receive an update as well. I get this error:

##ERROR: Failed sending email to: "Customer Name"##with subject: "Order Update #Order No"##SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMail...roubleshooting

I tried fixing the error in the Zen Cart Admin (Email Options) and the problem persists. My developer has not figured this out as well. I am at my wits end.

Site is midwestglobalgroup.com, running Zen Cart 1.5.5b (recently upgraded to this which is when my problems began). "Payeezy JS" payment module, php version 5.6. MySQL 5.1.63

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Unable to send receipts and/or Status Updates

Quote Originally Posted by Kenteman View Post
    Zen Cart is up and running. However, when a customer places an order, neither they nor I (Admin) am e-mailed a copy of the order receipt. In addition, when customer is provided Status updates (Pending, Update, Shipped, Delivered) they do not receive an update as well. I get this error:

##ERROR: Failed sending email to: "Customer Name"##with subject: "Order Update #Order No"##SMTP connect() failed. https://github.com/PHPMailer/PHPMail...roubleshooting

I tried fixing the error in the Zen Cart Admin (Email Options) and the problem persists. My developer has not figured this out as well. I am at my wits end.

Site is midwestglobalgroup.com, running Zen Cart 1.5.5b (recently upgraded to this which is when my problems began). "Payeezy JS" payment module, php version 5.6. MySQL 5.1.63
    Are you using SMTP or SMPTAUTH?

Has your host provided you with information relating to their specific SMTP mail server settings? (They should have done this when you created your account with them).

The most important info needed being the SMTP hostname and port number.

Are you using a valid username and password? (This is NOT the same as your Zencart username/password)

Basically there are *many* things that could be wrong, and you haven't really given us much detail to work with (other than you tried something or other, that didn't work.

Anyway, having said that, a bit of a google searching indicates that you are probably hosted with appliedi.net, and a bit more searching suggests that the smtp hostname is

smtp.appliedi.net

The port number could be either 25 (if TLS is used), or 2525 (no TLS).

Ideally, your hosting provider will tell you the *exact* settings though. (And will even be able to view their log files and determine why you are having a problem)..

Anyway, no definitive answers, just a few suggestions and info about what the problems *could* be.

Cheers
    RodG

ps. Although not generally recommended these days, setting zen to use PHP is often the 'easiest' setting/method - 'cos then you don't need to know anything about the hosting providers SMTP settings, and PHP generally works with most providers.
    Last edited by RodG; 25 Feb 2017 at 06:33 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Sorry RodG. I should have added more information. I am using a valid name and password; I verified that with my Control Panel and even changed the password a few times to make sure). My hosting co is Appliedi. I had my Zen Cart upgraded to 1.5.5b last week. Prior to that I did not have this issue (I have had my Zen Cart site for over 2 years). I have tried Port 25 and 2525 with no success.

Plugin Contributions

I was able to fix it. There was an issue with the port. Thanks for your assistance.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Kenteman View Post
    I was able to fix it. There was an issue with the port. Thanks for your assistance.
    Was this something you needed to fix, or something your host needed to fix?

If you needed to use a different port than the two I determined/suggested, then it could be prudent to post it here - just in case someone else with the same host and problem stumbles across this thread.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

My hosting o is Applied Innovations. I had to change the port to 2525.