Plugin Contributions

Default Credit Card Payment options for Australian ZC stores

I've been using Paypal Express, very annoyed that Paypal seems to stop accepting credit card payments (most of the time), forcing customers to create a Paypal account if they want to pay by credit card.
    Although Paypal Pro would fix this, I'm reluctant to use this, as I don't like they way they're forcing me onto it, and of course there's the $25pm fee... as if they don't make enough money off me already!!!

So what other payment modules do Australian stores use for their Zencart Store, and are they as good as Paypal Pro?

Thanks guys!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Credit Card Payment options for Australian ZC stores

We've been using PayPal Express for many years for credit cards. Haven't noticed PayPal forcing people to use a PayPal account.

Some months ago PayPal suggested we also offer PayPal Payments Pro as our main path for those wanting to pay via credit card. They waived the monthly fee. Works fine for Visa and MasterCard payments. We were having lots of problems with Amex payments though so we've turned that option off.
    Zen Cart 1.5.5e, PHP 5.3.29 MySQL 5.5.42

Plugin Contributions

Thanks lloyd_borrett!

It's not that Paypal Express 'forces' you to create a Paypal account, it's just not showing the option to pay by credit card for many customers, while it used to offer this for everyone. There are others that have noticed the same thing, as discussed in other thread on this forum, so it's not something related to just my site.

I've asked Paypal about waiving the fee for Paypal Pro, but they refused.

So I'm hoping there are other options, that are commonly used by Australian stores.

Are there?

Plugin Contributions

Anyone?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I haven't used these, but found them by searching for "australia" in the Plugins section:
    - NAB
    - eWay
    - Pin Payments
    - PayStation

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hi

Would be curious to know how you went with this. If I'd read this sooner I'd have suggested eway as I've heard good things about it although not gone down that path myself (but have been tempted to).

Paypal does not 'force' customers to create an account - however the checkout screen is a bit devious sometimes. It's weird how it sometimes shows a different screen. Anyway I think paypal has been better behaved recently, I've had very few complaints in recent months but maybe I've just been lucky.