Plugin Contributions

Default Pinterest - where do I put the code to "Confirm Website"?

I have Zencart 1.5.0.

I am trying to set up my Pinterest account stats "correctly" and at the step to "confirm website" requires me to add code to the <head> section. As simple as it might sound, I have no idea where that is in my zencart store.

Could you direct me?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Pinterest - where do I put the code to "Confirm Website"?

Hopefully someone will come along and confirm (I don't use Pinterest) but try includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/common/tpl_header.php

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

html_header.php (in your template's "common" directory) is where the <head> section is found.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Sometimes using Pinterest Option #2 to upload an HTML file to the root directory is easier in the long run than editing zencart code.
    Otherwise, see DrByte's instruction.

================================================
    Upload an HTML file

Step 1: Get the file

1. Click your name at the top of Pinterest
    2. Click the gear menu, then Account settings
    3. In the Website field, click Confirm website
    4. Click Download this file. (Make sure not to rename the file. If you have multiple copies of the file, delete any extra characters your computer may have added).

Step 2: Upload this file to your website

Upload this HTML file to your web server at the root folder (don't upload to a subfolder or we won't be able to access it). Root folder names vary by provider—common ones are public_html, www, or wwwroot.
    Be sure not to rename the file when you upload it to your server, since we'll be looking for an exact name match. For example, if you download pinterest-9d541.html, we won't recognize it if you upload it with a different name, like pinterest-9d541-1.html.
    Step 3: Finish setting up

Go back to Pinterest and click Finish (we’ll automatically check the file and confirm your site)
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

I am not sure if i am doing something wrong, or something is missing, but i tried both methods, including adding the .html file to the public_html directory. After clicking the Finish button on Pinterest, i still have the section reading:

Want to see more?
    Confirm your website to see what people are saving from your domain—you’ll know how all your content is doing on Pinterest, not just the Pins you’ve saved to your profile.

I refreshed the page. I reloaded the Analytics, and it is still there. Is it supposed to take time to appear? Any idea?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

It should show up immediately. You can verify it yourself by looking at Page Source in your browser to view the raw HTML of the page. If you made the change properly in the html_header file then you'll see the exact code you put there in the browser when you look at the site's page's HTML.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Hum... i can't figure that out. Can you see something?
    Here is the link to the store:
    http://creationcassel.com/store

Plugin Contributions

Code:
    <head> 
    <title>Creation Cassel , Digital Scrapbooking with Paintshop Pro</title> <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8" /> 
    <meta name="keywords" content="Elements Grab bag Templates PSP Scripts Fonts - Special PSP Brushes Gift Certificate PSP Paths PSP Tubes PSP Courses PSP Presets Photoshop Paintshop Pro, scrapbook, digital, Cassel, scrapbooking, Paintshop, digital scrapbooking, digiscrap, script, tube, PSP " /> 
    <meta name="description" content="Creation Cassel  :  - Elements Grab bag Templates PSP Scripts Fonts - Special PSP Brushes Gift Certificate PSP Paths PSP Tubes PSP Courses PSP Presets Photoshop Paintshop Pro, scrapbook, digital, Cassel, scrapbooking, Paintshop, digital scrapbooking, digiscrap, script, tube, PSP" /> <meta http-equiv="imagetoolbar" content="no" /> 
    <meta name="author" content="The Zen Cart&trade; Team and others" /> <meta name="generator" content="shopping cart program by Zen Cart&trade;, http://www.zen-cart.com eCommerce" /> 
    <meta name="p:domain_verify" content="a0089544324f7e8fbcf0a93be52739e6"/>
    <base href="http://creationcassel.com/store/" />

Looks like it's there.
    Rick
    RixStix (dot) com
    aka: ChainWeavers (dot) com

Plugin Contributions

Thanks. Maybe i have Pinterest confused as that is the code for one of my sites, associated with one Pinterest account, but the store one has a different pinterest account. That might be the problem.

Thanks. I guess i'll have to get in touch with Pinterest support then (unless someone here has dealt with similar situation with multiple sites on the same "root", yet for different Pinterest accounts)