Plugin Contributions

Default Item page goes to site map on mobile

I am running V155a on the responsive classic template. Site works fine on desktop but on mobile, when you click on an item, it goes to the sitemap instead of the item page. p3america.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Item page goes to site map on mobile

Actually, it's kind of a mix of the two, but seems likely to be css related as implemented on your site.

While not 100% sure of the background of how this part works, but when I request my device to see the source code, I can see standard aspects of a product info page. Also, when just viewing the page as rendered there is the option to enlarge the image that is associated with the product, but nothing else further visible related to the product.

Also ran the page I looked at through html validation and there were a large number of errors including a fatal error after which no further evaluation was provided: https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=http%3A%2F%2Fp3america.com%2Fproducts%2Findex.php%3Fmain_page%3Dproduct_inf o%26cPath%3D479_480_691%26products_id%3D649

Also looked through the known issues with ZC 1.5.5 and didn't see anything related: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....24#post1306424
    Last edited by mc12345678; 8 Mar 2017 at 10:30 PM.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Actually, it's kind of a mix of the two, but seems likely to be css related as implemented on your site.

While not 100% sure of the background of how this part works, but when I request my device to see the source code, I can see standard aspects of a product info page. Also, when just viewing the page as rendered there is the option to enlarge the image that is associated with the product, but nothing else further visible related to the product.

Also ran the page I looked at through html validation and there were a large number of errors including a fatal error after which no further evaluation was provided: https://validator.w3.org/nu/?doc=http%3A%2F%2Fp3america.com%2Fproducts%2Findex.php%3Fmain_page%3Dproduct_inf o%26cPath%3D479_480_691%26products_id%3D649

Also looked through the known issues with ZC 1.5.5 and didn't see anything related: https://www.zen-cart.com/showthread....24#post1306424
    Do you think it has something to do with the css file? I don't even know where to start. If so, which file to edit? Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hflsales View Post
    Do you think it has something to do with the css file? I don't even know where to start. If so, which file to edit? Thank you.
    That would be my guess, though there are several css files associated with the responsive classic template if that in fact is what is being used. There is a way to suggest to the system while using a desktop that you are in fact using a mobile or a tablet type device so you could add the string to the url of a page to push it into mobile/tablet type viewing and then use your browser (after also resizing a little) to see what is going on with the css.

I'd have to look through the code of the header file in think it is or tpl_header both in the common directory for the template to see what the parameter is, but I'm thinking something like: &device=mobile will do that.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    That would be my guess, though there are several css files associated with the responsive classic template if that in fact is what is being used. There is a way to suggest to the system while using a desktop that you are in fact using a mobile or a tablet type device so you could add the string to the url of a page to push it into mobile/tablet type viewing and then use your browser (after also resizing a little) to see what is going on with the css.

I'd have to look through the code of the header file in think it is or tpl_header both in the common directory for the template to see what the parameter is, but I'm thinking something like: &device=mobile will do that.
    I replaced the entire css folder with the original but that didn't fix it.

Plugin Contributions

So, question is how did this site come to have ZC 1.5.5a on it? (ie. upgrade? rebuild? new store?) and all of the other associated Posting tip information?

BTW, found the parameter:
    &layoutTemplate=mobile will switch your desktop to mobile view or &layoutTemplate=tablet for tablet view (typically 90 degrees off of normal I think).

My computer has been trying for a few minutes still to pull up the "source code" of the page, but there is definitely something in the "process" that is affecting the site when in mobile view... Looks like what is presented is the categories list followed by the product image and then... Dunno... Can't get to the information on my computer..

Suggest comparing your template files to the default version of the template files and review any override that have been incorporated to try to figure out what has/has not been properly/completely uploaded... There's plenty of file comparison utilities that could be used to help out.

Plugin Contributions

Hello, hope all is well. Am having the same problem with the mobile item links going to site map. Have you been able to solve this? If yes, please how did you do it so I can solve mine as well. Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Yes, it looks like the original poster's issue is resolved.

The site-map page (it's actually the page-not-found page) shows when an invalid page is requested. You've probably got something translating clicks or URLs incorrectly.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.