Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: contact page doesn't work

[09-Mar-2017 16:48:14 Europe/Rome] PHP Warning: putenv() has been disabled for security reasons in /home/usn16sei/domains/gioielleriavantini.com/public_html/includes/extra_configures/set_time_zone.php on line 28
    PHP Warning: putenv() has been disabled for security reasons
    - tells you your Hoster has disabled putenv() so you cannot change it

Workaround would be to create a file named: php.ini

Insert this line:
    date.timezone = "Europe/Rome";

Upload the php.ini file to your Document Root dir. (same dir. as Zen Cart index.php file)

Test the Contact Us page.

If that doesn't work then contact your Hoster with details of your problem, what you've done to work around it and what do they suggest.

I'm curious though, was it working for before you upgraded Zen Cart?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tati View Post
    ok I answer.

The origin is ZC 1.5.4. I upgraded this version to 1.5.5 following this guide https://www.zen-cart.com/docs/changed_files-v1-5-5.html "VERSION 1.5.5"
    Thank you for that information. That discussion is about the history of the current installation. What I was asking about was from where did the files for the currently installed version of the site come? Were they downloaded from the ZC site or were they provided through some sort of auto-installer? Now that the very specific sub-version of e has been identified that indicates most likely from the ZC site unless someone has gotten an auto-installer upgraded/put together that quickly. Anyways.
    About this
    So, related to your recent install of ZC 1.5.5, what is the origin? What modifications have been made to it as compared to a vanilla install obtained from this Web site?

I don't understand what you wrote

Thank you
    A vanilla install means an unaltered copy/version without any additional options/features added.

I aplogize for using what may be slang or words that may not be mainstream/easily understood. Thank you for asking what was meant.

So that area of discussion also had to do with the link that was provided earlier in post #2. The instruction in that FAQ indicated/suggested that one way to troubleshoot an email problem to determine if the email is being generated by ZC is to log the email to the database and then to look at the contents of that log entry. Further that there exists a plugin that provides the view of that information from the admin side. Therefore, my question (that didn't reappear above) is/was, did the contact_us information get logged into the database as a contact_us email being sent, or did it not?
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Website Rob View Post
    PHP Warning: putenv() has been disabled for security reasons
    - tells you your Hoster has disabled putenv() so you cannot change it

Workaround would be to create a file named: php.ini

Insert this line:
    date.timezone = "Europe/Rome";

Upload the php.ini file to your Document Root dir. (same dir. as Zen Cart index.php file)

Test the Contact Us page.

If that doesn't work then contact your Hoster with details of your problem, what you've done to work around it and what do they suggest.
    I uploaded php.ini and my hoster reactivated puten(v)(disabled), but form mail doesn't work.
    User registration also works but it don't get the email of successful registration.

I'm curious though, was it working for before you upgraded Zen Cart?
    it worked before

Plugin Contributions

Thank you for that information. That discussion is about the history of the current installation. What I was asking about was from where did the files for the currently installed version of the site come? Were they downloaded from the ZC site or were they provided through some sort of auto-installer? Now that the very specific sub-version of e has been identified that indicates most likely from the ZC site unless someone has gotten an auto-installer upgraded/put together that quickly. Anyways.
    they are downloaded from the ZC site,italian http://www.zen-cart.it/

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: contact page mail isn't sended

@mc12345678, this additional context may help your troubleshooting: problems updating db from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by DrByte View Post
    @mc12345678, this additional context may help your troubleshooting: problems updating db from 1.5.4 to 1.5.5
    that thread was my other problem
    You can tell which files need to zencart mail? Directory or file names.
    I want rewrite mail files or check mail files version.
    In Vanilla installation about 1.5.5 italian all email work correctly.

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

that thread was my other problem
    You can tell which files need to zencart mail? Directory or file names.
    I want rewrite mail files or check mail files version.
    In Vanilla installation about 1.5.5 italian all email work correctly.

Thanks
    Yes. I wasn't sure what had further been done based on the further knowledge that the install was obtained from the. Italian ZC site (which still won't permit me to login and help with the Italian version of Easy Populate V4).

Because your general email process works, the processingifiles of concern for contact_us are:
    Includes/modules/pages/contact_us/header_php.php
    And includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_contact_us_default.php

Where YOUR_TEMPLATE is the override directory for the template you are using. If that file is not present, then the file from the template directory of template_default is used. The sending/processing process is covered in the header_php.php file. If you rename the file, be sure it does not end with the extension .php.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post
    Yes. I wasn't sure what had further been done based on the further knowledge that the install was obtained from the. Italian ZC site (which still won't permit me to login and help with the Italian version of Easy Populate V4).

Because your general email process works, the processingifiles of concern for contact_us are:
    Includes/modules/pages/contact_us/header_php.php
    And includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/templates/tpl_contact_us_default.php

Where YOUR_TEMPLATE is the override directory for the template you are using. If that file is not present, then the file from the template directory of template_default is used. The sending/processing process is covered in the header_php.php file. If you rename the file, be sure it does not end with the extension .php.

I discovered that the problem is in my TEMPLATE, if I put "classic responsive Zencart THEME" contact form works.
    how should I do?

Thank you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12