Plugin Contributions

Default Template being stretched by products

Hi all,

Ive been searching but cant find the answer.

Ive setup my template, however my products for sale, the item title is stretching my template out, and the right sideboxes are being moved more to the right. Does anybody know where i can change the setting. Ive looked in the main stylesheet and through the admin pages but cant find the answer

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Template being stretched by products

In situations like this (as actually in most cases) providing the website address is far easier to address display issues than just talking about it. Please see the posting tips for other useful information that could be provided to sort this issue out.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Im having to keep the site down in maintainence mode as I dont want customers seeing it the way it currently looks. If you give me your ip i will add it to the list to view?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by directpcs View Post
    Hi all,

Ive been searching but cant find the answer.

Ive setup my template, however my products for sale, the item title is stretching my template out, and the right sideboxes are being moved more to the right. Does anybody know where i can change the setting. Ive looked in the main stylesheet and through the admin pages but cant find the answer
    Using right sideboxes is now considered by many UX experts as "old fashioned". Cluttering up your pages with loads of "self adverts" or other non-critical info boxes is a distraction for customers, and - when using a mobile device - can render the content far too small (unless you have a functional responsive template).

As you won't share the URL to your site, we can only speculate as to the problem...

If on product listing pages, it can be that your image size configurations are too big... too many pixels.

If on product info pages, it can also be images that are too large (forced pixel widths) or that you have embedded something else into the page content which forces an absolute width.

If the functional elements of the site are working, you should keep the site active. Most customers may be a little irritated by the cosmetics, but in general, people will still use the site. Again... people generally IGNORE all the crap in sideboxes, so my advice to you is to disable the right column and resist the temptation to look like an Indian Bazaar where everything is in the shop window all the time.
    20 years a Zencart User