Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Stock by attribute

Zencart v1.5.6c
    CK Editor
    PHP Version: 5.6.40 (Zend: 2.6.0)

I am trying to install Stock by Attribute (stock_by_attribute_1.5.3) into my site (newwebsite2020.ausspiritessences.com.au) and uploaded both the Includes and zcadmin (after renaming the appropriate files). Once I did this, I could not access my admin at all. I then had to copy back the original files that I had backed up and I could access my admin again. My knowledge is very basic but any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Stock by attribute

Quote Originally Posted by tctc View Post
    Zencart v1.5.6c
    CK Editor
    PHP Version: 5.6.40 (Zend: 2.6.0)

I am trying to install Stock by Attribute (stock_by_attribute_1.5.3) into my site (newwebsite2020.ausspiritessences.com.au) and uploaded both the Includes and zcadmin (after renaming the appropriate files). Once I did this, I could not access my admin at all. I then had to copy back the original files that I had backed up and I could access my admin again. My knowledge is very basic but any help would be appreciated. Thank you.
    If I got my back side in gear it probably would be easier for you to install and move forwards, but I haven't completed useful instruction so the most up-to-date software is currently available in github. The location for it is: https://github.com/mc12345678/Stock_...butes_Combined and it can be downloaded by clicking the big green button on the right side and selecting to download the zip file. At that location there also is a link at the bottom of the page to take you to the forum thread (old as it might be) where more information is available about the plugin.

There is very little in ZC 1.5.6 that requires touching, though most files that get touched/changed are to support using the customid.
    ZC Installation/Maintenance Support <- Site
    Contribution for contributions welcome...

Plugin Contributions

Thank you. I have uploaded the files and could get back in to my zcadmin, but it does not seem to have installed and I cannot figure out how to do that. I have read the instructions and typed in the address (/zcadmin/stock_by_attr_install.php?selectSBAinstall=installAll&getSBAinstallPage=Run+Scri pt) and got the following message but cannot proceed any further. I am very new to all this!

Stock By Attribute (SBA) installation script
    SBA Version 1.5.3 for Zen Cart Version 1.5.1
    By POTTERY HOUSE

This installation will make changes to the Database
    Please backup the database prior to use.
    Files must be manually added and where applicable merged with the existing files.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by tctc View Post
    Thank you. I have uploaded the files and could get back in to my zcadmin, but it does not seem to have installed and I cannot figure out how to do that. I have read the instructions and typed in the address (/zcadmin/stock_by_attr_install.php?selectSBAinstall=installAll&getSBAinstallPage=Run+Scri pt) and got the following message but cannot proceed any further. I am very new to all this!

Stock By Attribute (SBA) installation script
    SBA Version 1.5.3 for Zen Cart Version 1.5.1
    By POTTERY HOUSE

This installation will make changes to the Database
    Please backup the database prior to use.
    Files must be manually added and where applicable merged with the existing files.
    Again, I suggest installing the files that are available from https://github.com/mc12345678/Stock_...butes_Combined. The fileset identified by the system's response is not the latest and as a result is prone to having problems.

As far as "installing" there are two basic parts which is true for any software, the files on the server (as said, haven't placed the most recent files) and the database portion. At least in some part, the database portion of the install has been performed. Am I correct that while in the admin, if you select the configuration menu there is now an option towards the bottom titled: Products with Attributes Stock (aka SBA) Setup?

I'm not sure why all the extra parameters were to be added like provided above, but by simply accessing that file: stock_by_attr_install.php within the admin directory while logged into the admin performs the initial database installation.

Once both the software and the database setup are complete then there is additional setup for each product that is to be tracked by SBA. That is performed in the new menu option added to the catalog dropdown listing.

Plugin Contributions

Is there a version of Stock By Attributes available for Zencart 1.5.7?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jodean View Post
    Is there a version of Stock By Attributes available for Zencart 1.5.7?
    The existing version "works" with 1.5.7, though may have to locate/relocate where the associated version edited files should be/go... Ie. the files in the 1.5.6 folder would need to be "updated" to the 1.5.7 version of that file.

Otherwise, for the most part the files/changes are the same if anything needs changing.

That said, I am trying to find the right place to post an issue I found with ZC 1.5.7 and the use of observers/notifiers... For those that have a single "plugin" installed there should not be any issues; however, if 2 or more plugins observer or are attached to a single notifier, there may be a problem. I started a github issue at: https://github.com/zencart/zencart/issues/3656

Plugin Contributions

What is your opinion?

The only code on my site that has been changed is to enable Stock_By_Attributes.

Is it worth upgrading to 1.5.7 now or wait for 1.5.8?

Plugin Contributions

Don't wait. Who knows how long it will be until 1.5.8, and you can get all the improvements, fixes and optimizations in 1.5.7 NOW by upgrading. This will also make your eventual 1.5.8 upgrade easier.
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

If nothing else, should always be preparing the next change or version in a test "area" so that you can start to evaluate and possibly provide some sort of feedback. There may be critical things to address and at least "home testing" it will make those issues visible and ready for others to incorporate.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mc12345678 View Post

Once both the software and the database setup are complete then there is additional setup for each product that is to be tracked by SBA. That is performed in the new menu option added to the catalog dropdown listing.
    Hi,

I am with 1.5.4 Zen Cart and I have installed everything. According to the add-on, all files are correctly installed and there are no missing files. But so far I could not find out any option where I can mantain quantity for each product according to the assigned attributes. Do you have any idea where I should check this?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-07-05_01613.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	83.8 KB 
ID:	19070Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2020-07-05_01611.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	62.4 KB 
ID:	19071

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast